You know you're applying to dental school when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruth11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(sort of a spinoff to the nerdy predent thread)

----all the staff at your local post office ask you how dental school applications are going even though you've never spoken to them before...:D

Members don't see this ad.

-You check the mail seventeen times per day. The number of times you check your email per day can only be expressed using abstract calculus.

-Your bank balance is a single digit

-Everytime you see a large envelope in the mailbox you soil yourself. 99% of the time it's coupons :mad:

You have the admissions office from every school you are applying to on speed dial

Members don't see this ad :)
- instead of Jay Leno, armorshell is your greatest form of entertainment.

--You look forward to Dec 1st more than christmas

I know I am applying to dental school because . . . wait, where did my money go?

When you curse every single institution to which you applied as the stupidest, most unfair, SOB's... until you get an interview from them.

www.adea.org is your explorer HOMEPAGE.... and it takes all of 0.524 seconds to type your username and password (with your eyes closed) b/c you've typed it 5,749,216 times.
:)

www.adea.org is your explorer HOMEPAGE.... and it takes all of 0.524 seconds to type your username and password (with your eyes closed) b/c you've typed it 5,749,216 times.
:)

i have my username and password saved so all i have to do is hit submit :D

i have my username and password saved so all i have to do is hit submit :D

Security issues make me hesitant to save either usernames or passwords on my browser.

Members don't see this ad :)
- You wake up and don't know what city you're in.

- You wake up to a janitor hitting you with a vaccuum cleaner in the airport terminal.

- You fend off other airline passengers from placing their carry-ons in YOUR overhead compartment in order to protect your precious suit.

- Your plane crashes into the ocean and there's only seconds to get out. Your life flashes before your eyes and you must choose between saving the baby in the seat next to you or your suit.

You must choose...but choose wisely.

. . . security issues? what do you mean? :(
Ha ha...i'm going to bust into Clover's AADSAS and change all her stats to 0's to open up spots for the rest of us...woohoo!!!;) Silly girl:eek:

...if you've never spoken to your TA, but you get an e-mail from her that ends in "are you the one applying to dental school?"

- You fend off other airline passengers from placing their carry-ons in YOUR overhead compartment in order to protect your precious suit.

I did this, but the offending party wasn't another passenger. It was the flight attendant. She was gonna place some weird box on top of my suit. So I says to her, "but that's my suit! :( "

:laugh:

You have to dig through your ash tray in your car to get money for dinner because you haven't been grocery shopping for over a month because all of your money has been spent on interviewing.

- You wake up and don't know what city you're in.

- You wake up to a janitor hitting you with a vaccuum cleaner in the airport terminal.

- Your plane crashes into the ocean and there's only seconds to get out. Your life flashes before your eyes and you must choose between saving the baby in the seat next to you or your suit.

You must choose...but choose wisely.

haha...I had to fly in a TINY TINY plane to LA and let me tell ya...I fought hard for my precious suit spot.

Turns out, lots of planes have places to hang stuff. Also, be nice and ask the flight attendants if you can hang your stuff with theirs!

your little brother comes home after middle school orchestra tryout and you jump on him, "Did you get accepted?!"

When you act like you know so much about dentistry already.

I did this, but the offending party wasn't another passenger. It was the flight attendant. She was gonna place some weird box on top of my suit. So I says to her, "but that's my suit! :( "

:laugh:

How do you guys pack you suit and shirt? Do you pack it up in the luggage or just carry it by hand? I wouldn't want my suit to be all wrinkled up after I just have it dry cleaned!

hehe, sorry I'm off topic for this thread :p I just didn't think it's necessary to start a new thread just for this!

True, i fold it three times so it fits in my carry on after putting it in a garment bag. Then I hang it up in the bathroom of my hotel and steam out any wrinkles with the hot shower for about an hour.

-You know you are a nerdy predent/applying to d school if you have been travelling for 4 days and miss SDN more than mail.

You know you're applying to dental school when you know the names of the secretaries of the admissions office of the schools your applying to.;)

You know you're applying to dental school when...

... your mom gets more excited than you do for the letter that just confirms the reciept of your application payment.

... you know AADSAS never updates even if the sun rises from the west.

... traveling like an FBI agent with a cool suit on for your interviews seems the coolest thing ever (well.. of course minus the cost).

this thread rocks :thumbup: :laugh:

u dress up as a tooth fairy for halloween , and pray to your toothbrush that you will get that envelope in mail come (little bit after) Dec 1st, 2006.

Your friends say one of the following:

"So I went to the dentist last week..."
"My tooth hurts. What should I do?"

:sleep:

You call local dentists for advice instead of appointments.

You have nightmares of getting rejected on Dec. 1st.

Getting anxiety attacks.

Losing sleep.

deja vu..........I had one last night from temple. It was so bad, I said all the wrong things and an adcom chewed me out and they kicked me out and oh...

I woke up sweating. :laugh:

"--You look forward to Dec 1st more than christmas"

This is hilarious cause it is so true!

--when people ask you how the med. school application is going and you have to correct them by saying "dental school."

When your friends are talking about their med school applications and you say, "yeah..with dental school it is like that too" and they all roll their eyes. I'm not even in dental school yet and the dental vs medical brawl is already on! :D

deja vu..........I had one last night from temple. It was so bad, I said all the wrong things and an adcom chewed me out and they kicked me out and oh...

I woke up sweating. :laugh:

hahahha. i phoned in the school i interviewed at and received the rejection and then i asked why all sadly. then i woke up sweating. this wait period sucks. i guess getting rejected would suck more.

When your friends are talking about their med school applications and you say, "yeah..with dental school it is like that too" and they all roll their eyes. I'm not even in dental school yet and the dental vs medical brawl is already on! :D

:laugh: Tell them to talk to you in a few years, when they realize all that "respect" they're supposed to get for being an MD doesn't really exist.

Check out the thread in the emergency medicine forum, patients have 0 respect for doctors