You know you're a vet student (or pre-vet to be PC) when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When the boy in your bed won't wake up you rub your fingers over his body and identify the various tuberosities, trochanters, and other palpable structures.

Aaaaargghhhhhh.... can't stop myself....

Hey baby, I've got a palpable structure for ya.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
When the boy in your bed won't wake up you rub your fingers over his body and identify the various tuberosities, trochanters, and other palpable structures.

Haha! :laugh:

It was a valiant effort LIS.

When you try to keep up with the attractive guy running slightly ahead of you so you can work on identifying the muscles of the leg. Now that's multitasking!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cane, hell. I need a wheelchair.

Need one?

But you got your pink and purple sparkly motorized one I sent you last year for your birthday, no? You sent me a picture of yourself taking a joyride....

Reactions: 1 user
That's not a muscle, that's my "third" leg....

*rimshot* (I'm here all day; keep 'em coming.)

Haha! Please do...the dirty little corner of my mind is incredibly entertained.

I even snuck a dirty joke into our laying hen presentation today. :naughty:

When you can spell ridiculous words like meningoencephalitis without even thinking about it, but forget how to spell Detroit. (This may have happened to me yesterday....:rolleyes:. I may also have grown up near Detroit, making it extra shameful.)

When the highlight of your day is being approved for your research paper topic regarding vet school and the various aftereffects/downfalls :D WOOHOOOOO

Don't know why I'm so excited, as one day hopefully I'll experience these downfalls, but I am. Maybe just for self education if nothing else. ANd so I don't have to write a paper about the Delta Storm operation or the organic food movement.

When for some inexplicable reason you're watching a show about people who think their house is haunted and one of them starts talking about their Yorkie being "possessed" and you start throwing things at the screen while yelling "It has collapsing trachea, dumb*****!!"

Not that I would know or anything. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
when for some inexplicable reason you're watching a show about people who think their house is haunted and one of them starts talking about their yorkie being "possessed" and you start throwing things at the screen while yelling "it has collapsing trachea, dumb*****!!"

not that i would know or anything. :p

lmao

YKYAVSW: You're laying awake at 4 AM with a pounding sinus headache and you wonder, "Is it possible to perform trephination on yourself?" To further drive this point home, you mention this to your classmate who also has a cold and she enthusiastically replies, "Oh my god, me too!" :laugh:

YKYAVSW: You're laying awake at 4 AM with a pounding sinus headache and you wonder, "Is it possible to perform trephination on yourself?" To further drive this point home, you mention this to your classmate who also has a cold and she enthusiastically replies, "Oh my god, me too!" :laugh:

You need to watch Aronofsky's "Pi" :laugh:

To add on to the smells and poop:

You couldn't care less if you have to run a messy fecal sample, but the thought of cleaning up after a human "incident" makes you gag.

:laugh: Haven't seen it, but I did look it up. I don't own a powerdrill. My right frontal sinus is killing me, and nothing seems to relieve the pressure in it. :(

I have a power drill if you are really desperate...but I hope it just goes away on it's own :)

YKYAVSW: You make rice noodles for dinner and think about how much it resembles a plate a roundworm. Then proceed to eat entirely unperturbed.

YKYAVSW.....you have a couple bovine tongues in your freezer. That are not meant for eating.

(I can't believe how expensive those were!)

YKYAVSW: you see a flash of headlights in your rearview mirror and think of it as "caudal"

What is up with this "YKYAVSW" thing?

It took me forever to figure out what that meant... then I started wondering why we are continuously repeating the thread title in acronym form in every post?

I think I am getting old and grouchy; I blame LIS.

Oh my goodness... I was scratching my head trying to understand that too!:rolleyes: Thanks for the clarification!

YKYAVPW

You sing this in the lab.

Spider-lamb, spider-lamb, ovine chondrodysplasia lamb, FGF receptor 3, and cartilage hypertrophy. Look out! You've got a spider-lamb!

Reactions: 7 users
That awkward moment when you're doing a clinical simulation with a mock client, and you say "Hi, Dr. so-and-so, my name is NStarz." My bad. I guess I'm supposed to be the doctor?

>necro bump<

fun thread to look back on. Thanks DVMD!

Love the title. Funny how the whole "not a vet student until you matriculate" controversy has never risen again.

When having lunch with your co-workers, you forget that discussing feces, infected anal sacs and maggot infested wounds aren't appropriate meal time discussions until you see the horrified looks on the faces of the people at the table next to you. But that also doesn't stop you from continuing the conversation.

Reactions: 3 users
i was teasing my mom about trimming my dogs nails today (because my dog is very well behaved while their dogs are a NIGHTMARE to trim because they have no manners) and she said "oh yeah we need to get you to trim ours one more time. gotta get some use out of you after all we've given you"
gee thanks? glad all i'm good for is a nail trim. guess who usually do nail trims mom? its not the vet

>necro bump<

Love the title. Funny how the whole "not a vet student until you matriculate" controversy has never risen again.

It was Electrophile who spearheaded that debate wasnt it? I liked her. Quality poster for the most part. Shame that honestly I think that whole thing happened because she was grumpy that day, just ranted at someone and it snowballed because she was too stubborn to back down on her grumpiness, heh.

It was Electrophile who spearheaded that debate wasnt it? I liked her. Quality poster for the most part. Shame that honestly I think that whole thing happened because she was grumpy that day, just ranted at someone and it snowballed because she was too stubborn to back down on her grumpiness, heh.
we got into so many little spats. But I miss Electrophile, too

>necro bump<

I was wondering why I got an alert saying DVM liked my post from 2 years ago