You know you're a pre-dent when....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Contach

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. You receive calls from an estranged area code and you immediately think it is a dental school inviting you for an interview.

2. You buy new DAT preparation books, but have never bought a new textbook for a class in your life.

3. You hate pre-meds, who consider dentistry for even a second, with a passion.

Members don't see this ad.

oh sure ...

Members don't see this ad :)
haha, 1 and 3 for me. I get so excited when I get a call with an area code i've never heard of. I later find out it's a wrong number.

1. You receive calls from an estranged area code and you immediately think it is a dental school inviting you for an interview.

2. You buy new DAT preparation books, but have never bought a new textbook for a class in your life.

4. You have "sdn predental" as your homepage.

5. Check your email every hour hoping for an interview/acceptance.

.....when you look at your bank account and wonder where you spent all of your money

haha #1 for me this morning around 8, only it turned out to be just a telemarketer :mad:

Well I dont know if this is awkward or not, but I stare at peoples teeth now more then ever.

6. Check updates on AADSAS every hour after your interview with a hope to have heard back otherwise we will be jumpy and on edge all day
7. Look at SDN all the damn time to see if anyone else received any updates from schools they interviewed at, so that WE could have a better idea of when to expect an update

Last edited:
Mine used to be:

Wakeup after last night's studying...
Outlook->Predents->AADSAS->SDN->Repeat x 3458395837459347848 a day. Until I got my rejection. Now its just..
...Studying->SDN->Studying->SDN-> Repeat x 3458395837459347849

8. You have 2,548 posts on a predental forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. While I was in the bathroom lol

That's freakin' hilarious!!! I never really considered it, but that describes me exactly.... I admit to each one of those quirks. especially 2& 3. Too funny. Thanks for brightening up my day... :D

Last edited:
-You have photos of all the the Deans of Admissions at all the schools you applied at pinned up above your bed.

-You start throwing in lingo from predents forums in your everyday speech

-you sit waiting for the postman to drive up to your box and scold him for being a few minutes late on his route.

-you buy a smartphone with a spare battery so you can refresh your aadsas page while in class all day.

-Instead of practicing pick up lines on an upside down mop you practice answering "why dentistry"

these are all so funny and also a little scary. Unfortunately they are all so true ...

9. You start choosing your haircuts, jewelry and clothing based on whether they "look professional" and are in accordance with your hopeful future school's dress code...

armorshell that is almost as funny as your avatar

armorshell that is almost as funny as your avatar

lol.. i never seriously looked at armoshell's avatar....
but now i am seeing what you see and i find it funny ive never noticed it before...

haha ... its one of those things that could go unnoticed for so long ...

but now i am seeing what you see and i find it funny ive never noticed it before...

I used to see a humerus, but yeah, I think I see it now as well. Is it a tooth with a filling? Is that what you're seeing? :laugh:

I have to agree with #1!

hahahaha i just saw that. i was wondering what y'all were talking about and then i stared at it for a minute...that's good. haha

LOL.... TOO funny!! At least there is SDN for help/comic reliev/venting, etc. SDN either didn't exist or I didn't know about it when I was appying. You guys are lucky. and very clever!!

LOL.... TOO funny!! At least there is SDN for help/comic reliev/venting, etc. SDN either didn't exist or I didn't know about it when I was appying. You guys are lucky. and very clever!!

I don't get it? It's a tooth.:confused:

I can see the hating pre-meds for thinking less of dentistry, but why do you hate them because they consider dentistry? (not trying to be rude, just wondering, thanks)

I can see the hating pre-meds for thinking less of dentistry, but why do you hate them because they consider dentistry? (not trying to be rude, just wondering, thanks)

Sometimes you will see premeds that choose dentistry as a last resort. They think that since they are are "not good enough" for med school, they will be guaranteed a seat in dental school. I think this is the general idea behind the hatred.

If they just want to switch because they are inspired by dentistry, that's another story. A passion in the health care field can be distributed in different areas. Some would consider dentistry a specialized form of medicine.

I scoff at the premeds thinking they are better, last time I checked with the school's health career's advisors they informed me that med students actually have a much easier time getting in.

I scoff at the premeds thinking they are better, last time I checked with the school's health career's advisors they informed me that med students actually have a much easier time getting in.
It's also a well-documented fact that college pre-health advisors don't have the first bloody clue what they're talking about. ;)

According to staright numbers from one of doc toothache's posts, dental school is still one of the best 'odds' with 50% of applicants matriculating each year.

I think its good that many premeds are switching over to dental since there will be more people in our applicant pool which will ultimately make our field even stronger.

:roflcopter:... i just noticed it too lolols good one

It's also a well-documented fact that college pre-health advisors don't have the first bloody clue what they're talking about. ;)

great point!

pcakes ... haha ... its the best when you first realize it :)

they never really do... and plus advisors at my school try to kick out the bio students after 4 years... so that they can "graduate in 4 years" so that the school can look good. No where in the school bylaws does it say you can't take 5 years to graduate yet my bio sci dept forces students to bulk up on bs requisites so that they do horribly and lower their gpa and graduate in 4 years... -_-;; i don't trust pre-health advisors at my school. THEY LIE!!!!!!