You know you're a non-trad when...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was sitting in the room waiting for the final gross anatomy exam to start in the Special Masters program and I was in so I was listening to the people around me. I overheard a conversation behind me that went something like this, a girl speaking to another female in our class...

"So ya, the last time I went home a few weeks ago for thanksgiving my mom changed my comforter to a pink one, and I was like, Mom, don't mess with my room!"

Made me feel very non-traditional...

Members don't see this ad.

In my A&P class, when I told the other two people at my lab bench I'm 28, both of their jaws dropped. I guess that's a good thing, but then they asked when I graduated from high school and I said 1998, what were you doing in 1998? The senior said she was in middle school, the sophomore said she was in elementary school. Niiiiice.

My easy way of figuring out how old people are is usually asking what song played at their senior prom.

ahhh....yes.... the great ole' you're how old, you graduated when???? Class of '98 ROCKS!

you know you're a non-trad when your fellow classmates from high school are already residents, and you're still hoping to get into med school

you know you're a non-trad when you can look at a resident at work, and think to yourself "okay, so this is how ACLS works, first Amiodorone is dosed at 150mg not 250mg over 10 minutes for someone with a pulse, second Diltiazem is NEVER used to convert V-Tach or V-Fib" or you're listening to someone much younger than you as a pre-med and they still think that we're using the old paddles from five-ten years ago for defibrillation or they think that you shock Asystole!

the other day I was getting ready to leave work when I was watching a new resident struggle with intubating a patient, I couldn't help but think to myself, okay is this your first live patient for an intubation or is this guy truly that anterior? found out later that, yep this guy is truly that anterior (not that I got to go for the tube, darn!!)

...I just went to the dentist and realized that I think I might be older than him. Ever have one of those epiphanic moments where you realized that the places you used to go to, you've now become the old one of the bunch? Or that people whom you used to consider to be grown-ups or old, aren't really old but are in fact your age - or worse, your junior? Suck.

...I just went to the dentist and realized that I think I might be older than him. Ever have one of those epiphanic moments where you realized that the places you used to go to, you've now become the old one of the bunch? Or that people whom you used to consider to be grown-ups or old, aren't really old but are in fact your age - or worse, your junior? Suck.

LOL. I'm getting there. Went to a new dentist (very good looking, BTW) a few months ago and found myself thinking, 'i wonder if he's married......' :eek: