You know what's cool?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I carried on a suit in case but luckly throughout the process I lost no luggage case even though I carried on a suit I never thought about the fact that I didnt have any shoes in the carry on!!! Tell us how things worked out??

When the airline loses my luggage the day prior to an interview. That's cool.

No what's cooler is when you realize that they lost your luggage, you stroll over to the next baggage claim and take a couple of suit-cases of your liking. There is bound to be something in there that fits...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. Very cool.

What did customer service tell you? Just give it a few days, young man?

Solution, pack it so you carry on the luggage. Check it only when you're on your way home.

I hope things worked out for you. :eek:

I'm doing a multi-interview trip through three cities. I can't pack enough for 8 days in one carry-on piece. Interestingly, this is the first and only time I've checked luggage throughout the interview cycle. Every other time I've carried it on.

Just wear your Grateful Dead tie-dye t-shirt to the interview, you'll be a hit.

Actually if you go just buy a cheap suit somewhere, costco, kmart, etc, it would make an interesting story for the interview. Something to help them remember you.

Just wear your Grateful Dead tie-dye t-shirt to the interview, you'll be a hit.

Actually if you go just buy a cheap suit somewhere, costco, kmart, etc, it would make an interesting story for the interview. Something to help them remember you.

Jeans and a polo shirt is far more memorable. :)

same thing happened to me. i just "pressed" the airline and told them i had a VERY important interview at the children's hospital and they WOULD have my bags within 12 hours (but i made certain to not take out my frustration on the staff). funny thing... my bags were delivered (1 hour from the airport) that evening. good luck!

just don't be like my cousin and go in your sweatshirt and scrub pants! She was interviewing in Oregon for med residency, and lost her luggage. Unfortunately her plane was late too so she only had enough time to drop off her carry-on at the hotel and get on her way to the interview. The interviewers didn't seem to mind too much, they laughed. but it was her #1 choice...so that kind of sucks

I went carry on this whole cycle. No way was I going to trust the airlines with all the brief stops I had. My crowning achievement was going to Europe in winter for 8 days, taking only my small Jansport school backpack. It was so dope.

Well, I made it through it. The airline actually delivered my luggage to my hotel the morning of the interview. I'm back home, finished with all my interviews, and completely exhausted from the whole process.

...when the airline looses your luggage on XMas eve day and you have to wear your father-in-laws PJs. Damn. I wanna be in my skivvies at night, but with a house full of in-laws, it just wouldn't be right. Instead, I'm sittin' here in "used" clothes drinkin rum and egg-nog on XMas eve listening to the in-laws talk about their butterfly collection. Ugh!

Wow that totally happened to me 3 years ago when i went to my Nova interview. The plane lost my luggage and my suit was in there. I had to borrow a suit from someone. It was a disaster. Hey but Im here so guess it didnt hurt.

...when the airline looses your luggage on XMas eve day and you have to wear your father-in-laws PJs. Damn. I wanna be in my skivvies at night, but with a house full of in-laws, it just wouldn't be right. Instead, I'm sittin' here in "used" clothes drinkin rum and egg-nog on XMas eve listening to the in-laws talk about their butterfly collection. Ugh!

You need to join the rest of us and start sleeping nude. Oh yeah Pops, this is the unit your little girl likes to ride on...

I had the pop-in-law get her a slip-style set of flannel PJs for Xmas, and tell her he had my "easy access" in mind when he was picking them out. Yikes. Something neither of us ever wanted to hear out of his mouth.