you know what my problem is...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NilamPatel

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think too much, i read into questions constantly esp. in verbal and it throws my whole timing off, i end up getting pissed off at myself...i need to stop thinking..NOW

Members don't see this ad.

my problem is... I dont know what the hell some questions in verbal are talking about.

Originally posted by adiddas125
my problem is... I dont know what the hell some questions in verbal are talking about.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: me too! me too!!

I mean cmon why cant we have lifelines? In medicine if you dont know what someones ailment is what do you do? you phone another doctor who might have more experience dealing with this problem? Being smart isnt always about knowing the answer, its knowing how to get the right answer! And i know if i call some of the people on here with killer verbal scores then I would get it correct = me being smart.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah... I always narrow it down to two. Then, I pick the wrong one. Main thing I'm doing now is practice verbal passages between now and Saturday, supplemented by reading for bio/ochem.

I ordered an EK verbal book over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived yet. Guess I'm stuck with TPR material. Warning: be careful who you order from on half.com!

Mister Pie said:
I ordered an EK verbal book over a month ago and it still hasn't arrived yet. Guess I'm stuck with TPR material. Warning: be careful who you order from on half.com!

Can you cancel the order? Amazon pulled the same stunt with me and I canceled the order and got it from these folks: http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?page=proframe&prod_id=819496
Got the book in a week.

By the way: according to EBay guidelines you can report the late item not received to square trade and have the order revoked and get a full refund. Trust me, it works.
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?InrCreateDispute

gujuDoc said:
My problem is I can narrow it down to 2 questions and then determining which one is where the problem lies.

For instance, I was just doing random passages from EK 101 yesterday. Anyhow, one of the passages were talking about cults, and they had a question about tone.........

Anyhow, the two I narrowed it down to were mistrustful or disapproving. It seemed so tricky because it was like both could be true. The right answer was disapproving but I put mistrustful.

Its sorta like those lifelines with Who wants to be a millionaire. You get it down to two, and then you feel like you need another lifeline from the audience to get it to the final answer. :p

The other thing is I tend to second guess when I get nervous.

i remember that one! ugh... in the end i reasoned that you're usually mistrustful of someone or something when you are not fully educated on the topic at hand... and disapproving when you have enough authority to talk about it. but yes, that question ticked me off.

jintonic5 said:
i remember that one! ugh... in the end i reasoned that you're usually mistrustful of someone or something when you are not fully educated on the topic at hand... and disapproving when you have enough authority to talk about it. but yes, that question ticked me off.

with verbal i think the best thing to do when you have the problem guju was referring to (btw i remember that) is to go with instinct....dont second guess yourself because chances are you will never completely like your choice and you will waste time...theres always a couple of questions where i change my ans from right to wrong because i didnt go with my instincts...

What helps me in VR is taking out answers that are too strong. Especially when they're asking about the main theme and it says something like "this always means that...." etc. Unless the author is super strong about the points he/shes is making, which is almost never the case, you would not want to choose an "always" answer.

i always get the "which of the following would LEAST weaken the author's argument" question wrong...WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SAY WHICH ONE WILL SUPPORT THE AUTHOR!! :mad: :mad: :mad: