you know how everyone says AAMCs 7-10 are the best...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

planetsars

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and say 3-6 aren't like the real thing? well, i've read thru dozens of posts on this forum, and ppl get the same scores on 3-6 as they do on 7-10! i think ppl mean 7-10 are better because they are more passage heavy like the real mcat. this may be true, but i think 3-6 are still pretty accurate to predict your score.

go scroll through the 30+ score thread. everyone got similar scores on 3-6 as they did on 7-10! i know the same is true for me, too.

i agree 7-10 are probably more like the real test since they are more passage heavy, but 3-6 will still predict your scores! anyways, just a thought!

Members don't see this ad.

and say 3-6 aren't like the real thing? well, i've read thru dozens of posts on this forum, and ppl get the same scores on 3-6 as they do on 7-10! i think ppl mean 7-10 are better because they are more passage heavy like the real mcat. this may be true, but i think 3-6 are still pretty accurate to predict your score.

go scroll through the 30+ score thread. everyone got similar scores on 3-6 as they did on 7-10! i know the same is true for me, too.

i agree 7-10 are probably more like the real test since they are more passage heavy, but 3-6 will still predict your scores! anyways, just a thought!

7-10 are the best predictors in terms of difficulty and similarity to the real test. All AAMCs are useful for getting a range for which you can expect to fall in on the real deal. that smy impression at least.

the trends with aamc that i noticed over and over again...seem to be that generally, people score lower on tests 7-10 than they do on 3-5...remember that is generally..

but in terms of what to make of you aamc tests...what i think is a good rule of thumb is that if your scoring a 29-32 on them...with 29 being the lowest you got on any one of the tests and 32 being the highest you got on any one test...then on the day of, dont expect any score higher than a 32, however you might expect a score lower than 29 ...the day of the mcat, there are more difficult passages and your nerves, both of which can only hurt you, not help you......just my 2 cents