You Have to See It to Believe It!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leelee

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received this email from one of our faculty members, and my jaw literally dropped open after visiting this website...

It read:

[An optometrist] called the State Board about this
website - thought you'd be interested.

http://www.lasikathome.com/

Isn't it ridiculous?! I must admit I did laugh at the instructional cartoon diagram, but it's just so wrong!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow...that seems like an interesting product...but it's ridiculous!! I don't think many people would feel comfortable doing the "4 step procedure" to themselves...I know I wouldn't haha!! The picture diagram of the person comes off comical...especially the part that says "don't blink!" I kind of want the tshirt with the 4 step procedure on it haha...it's hysterical.

Members don't see this ad :)
interestingly, the only thing that can be ordered from this website is the Lasik@Home hat, mug, and t-shirt :p

Looks like a fun t-shirt..."Perform this painless procedure - Don't blink!" :laugh:

I may need one of these shirts.

r_salis said:
They didn't even spell "Laparoscopic" correctly. :rolleyes:

"Then the excimer laser vaporizes a tiny section of the lens without damaging the surrounding tissue." emphasis mine

Did anyone notice the "ribbon" of smoke coming up when the guy blinks in Step 3 of the procedure? I don't think that's normal! This has to be an April Fool's Joke!

prettygreeneyes said:
Did anyone notice the "ribbon" of smoke coming up when the guy blinks in Step 3 of the procedure? I don't think that's normal! This has to be an April Fool's Joke!

Of course its a joke. It is clever though.

Yeah, I love how this "Dr." they made up is part of "the Optical Surgeons of America (OSOA) and the Manhattan Ophthalmologists Association (MOA)." haha :laugh:

It implies in the email we received that someone out there is trying to do something about it by contacting the State Board... I wonder if the site could actually be shut down?? Probably not since you can't actually buy the stupid thing. The t-shirt would be funny to wear though! :laugh:

I love how the "kit" includes "a mild sedative" and "no blink drops" lol

Anyone else notice that Dr. Amir whatever is actually still wearing glasses lol. Yeah gotta have to try a product that the doctor won't even try. What a funny site.

Ryan_eyeball said:
Anyone else notice that Dr. Amir whatever is actually still wearing glasses lol. Yeah gotta have to try a product that the doctor won't even try. What a funny site.

is this actually for real? the site seems fake to me.

i dont see how someone can sell this product and not get sued (movement of hand will cause misalignment - no matter how much tracking ability that laser has)

drbizzaro said:
is this actually for real? the site seems fake to me.

i dont see how someone can sell this product and not get sued (movement of hand will cause misalignment - no matter how much tracking ability that laser has)

It's not real

My favorite part is where it says don't blink and smoke is coming up from his eye!

In the 4 easy steps section - at the end they're watching a movie or something and there are some words across the bottom of the screen - I wonder what they say...
careful .....going to explode
I can only imagine, haha, probably something about your eye exploding after use!
And how did they ever convince anyone to advertise on that page?!? :confused:

I couldn't checkout when I tried.

It is important to remove yourself from all distractions... such as your curious wiener dog or photos from last year's ski trip to Colorado.

So... I've really wanted to get LASIK for a while now... but I'm just too cheap! Do you guys think if I just estimate my prescription...you know... ballpark it... that my results will still be good? I'm too cheap to get eye exams too! :eek: :cool:

WalkThePlank said:
It is important to remove yourself from all distractions... such as your curious wiener dog or photos from last year's ski trip to Colorado.

yeah, cuz it's the weiner dog that's going to give you problems :laugh:
Thanks for the laugh