You Habesha/Abesha

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myliham

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do we have any Habesha in this forum? If you are Habesha, please stand up;)

Members don't see this ad.

myliham said:

no but my best friend is abesha!!!!! ethiopians are hot

myliham said:

I am habesha !

Members don't see this ad :)
Eritrawit said:
I am habesha !
Hello Gual Erie,
What school will you be attending?

myliham said:
I like learning about other cultures, whats the difference? (for those of us who dont know)

Habesha right here. Graduated from UCB last year and currently completing pre-reqs so that I can apply and be admitted to the other UC across the bay ;)

Serenity, the term Habesha is often used to refer to most Ethiopians and Eritreans. The name is a very old term referring to the hybrid mixture of Semites from Yemen with indigenous Hamitic peoples (and is explained as Ham "-be-" (with) Shem). Hope this helps.

UCB2005 said:
Serenity, the term Habesha is often used to refer to most Ethiopians and Eritreans. The name is a very old term referring to the hybrid mixture of Semites from Yemen with indigenous Hamitic peoples (and is explained as Ham "-be-" (with) Shem). Hope this helps.

So is Habesha/Abesha a pronoun difference (he/she) or a translation difference (Hanukkah/Chanukkah/etc)?

I Wikipedia'd it, but it wasn't clear either. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habesha).

UCB2005 said:
Habesha right here. Graduated from UCB last year and currently completing pre-reqs so that I can apply and be admitted to the other UC across the bay ;)
Who is this? I am also a graduate of UCB class of 2003. Were you in ESU?

Let's revive this thread! Any habeshas/abeshas currently in or pursuing pharmacy or med schools? Myliham and eritrawit, I think both of you are in pharmacy schools now, right?