You guys received you Financial Aid reward letters yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tt_vo503

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who did the fafsa, have you received any type of reward letter yet. I got a letter from my school saying that the U.S. department of ed. has not selected my financial aid records for verification at this time.
any thoughts? should I be worried I wont have money for school?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who did the fafsa, have you received any type of reward letter yet. I got a letter from my school saying that the U.S. department of ed. has not selected my financial aid records for verification at this time.
thanks

I've gotten my letter from Creighton. They've offered me the Grad PLUS, Federal Unsubsidized Stafford, and the Federal Subsidized Stafford Loans that cover basically my entire expenses.........of $47,000:eek::(:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten my letter from Creighton. They've offered me the Grad PLUS, Federal Unsubsidized Stafford, and the Federal Subsidized Stafford Loans that cover basically my entire expenses.........of $47,000:eek::(:)

wow. you're screwed :D jk

hahah...as much as I don't want to think about it, but 47k x 4 = will set us back 188k....wooo.. I think one of my kidneys will have to go on the black market..;)

To be honest, they are quite generous with the allowances so I imagine that I will get refunded some money. Still, I'm trying not to think about it.:)

As long you make it to the end and handle the boards, these loans become a non-issue.

I have not received any reward letters from FAFSA, just my online SAR and my EFC is 0.

thanks

I received the same letter. I've already sent in the stuff for verification, which was a copy of my federal tax forms. I figured it was because I made such a low amount, but had so many educational write-offs (I went to private college in the fall). I don't think we should be worried as long as everything was filed correctly, and I used Turbo Tax.

i didnt get mine too... i thought these FAFSA go to the school and do not come to us....

i hav very little idea abt this,...

To be honest, they are quite generous with the allowances so I imagine that I will get refunded some money. Still, I'm trying not to think about it.:)
Park that refund in an online savings account (somewhat liquid), and/or 28-day treasury bills (no state income tax). (Current APY is up to 5.36%) :thumbup:

I'm not supposed to know anything until July. It's kind of scary having to wait until the last minute to find what (and if) financial aid I'll be getting :scared:

I'm not supposed to know anything until July. It's kind of scary having to wait until the last minute to find what (and if) financial aid I'll be getting :scared:

Glowwyrm, arent you going to LECOM-Erie? I'm going to LECOM-Bradenton. Did you get the financial aid award verification email yet, where you had to go on the THE loan site and accept your loans? And, who said you had to wait until July to find out how much you get? Thanks.

Glowwyrm, arent you going to LECOM-Erie? I'm going to LECOM-Bradenton. Did you get the financial aid award verification email yet, where you had to go on the THE loan site and accept your loans? And, who said you had to wait until July to find out how much you get? Thanks.

Yes, I will be going to LECOM Erie. I believe I got July from the financial aid packet that LECOM mailed to me. I don't have it with me so I can't check to make sure. All I have received so far is an email from FAFSA saying my application has been processed and the data will be made available to my school. I checked the fafsa website this morning and it just says that my information has been processed.

Wow Creighton is proactive!

yep got my letter today.. Fed sub/unsub+GradPlus=about $37,000/yr:eek:

I think Ill take it to vegas for a week and tripple it..:laugh:

Yes, I will be going to LECOM Erie. I believe I got July from the financial aid packet that LECOM mailed to me. I don't have it with me so I can't check to make sure. All I have received so far is an email from FAFSA saying my application has been processed and the data will be made available to my school. I checked the fafsa website this morning and it just says that my information has been processed.

Well, the email I was referring to was the one like in the packet telling you that your awards have been determined and are waiting for your acceptance. The email contained a link where you can actually log in and accept the loans you are qualified for.

Well, the email I was referring to was the one like in the packet telling you that your awards have been determined and are waiting for your acceptance. The email contained a link where you can actually log in and accept the loans you are qualified for.

I haven't gotten that email yet.

i hav ti finish 3 pre reqs and only after i submi those grades will the Financial aid dept give out info abt how much aid i have got
thus is what USN people emailed me

I received mine last week, I should note I was accepted in Decemeber and filed my fasfa in January.

I have not got my letter yet either. I am kinda nervous. I called the school and they said that they have my records and they have my fafsa. Should I worry? I filled out the Fafsa late February/early March. They said late April, but not knowing is the hardest part.