You guys have scared me away from doing HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrChimRichalds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading the posts from those who have gone through the system, I have decided to not pursue HPSP. I would still like to serve in some capacity, and might do the Reserves or National Guard AFTER I graduate from medical school and do a residency, but you have all thoroughly frightened my away from active duty military medicine (particularly HPSP). Soooooo, just puttin' that out there, some of us considering the scholarship really do read these posts and take them into consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

You have made the right choice. Once you finish your training, you can see what the military climate is like, and then join and serve your country.

Good luck with medical school. You made the right choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have made the right choice. Once you finish your training, you can see what the military climate is like, and then join and serve your country.

Ditto.

Best of luck,

--
R

You will not have to place your nuts in the vice of poor decision-making like I did.

After reading the posts from those who have gone through the system, I have decided to not pursue HPSP. I would still like to serve in some capacity, and might do the Reserves or National Guard AFTER I graduate from medical school and do a residency, but you have all thoroughly frightened my away from active duty military medicine (particularly HPSP). Soooooo, just puttin' that out there, some of us considering the scholarship really do read these posts and take them into consideration.

there are many ways to serve your country without choosing the one that, at this point, would likely do a significant DISSERVICE to you (and your family). :thumbup:

Don't forget FAP...should you still feel the need.

while we're on the topic....

you guys did hte same for me 4 years ago. I applied to and got into USUHS. Decided against it after my information gathering- this board, the fact that i couldn't get answers to some pretty simple questions, the questionable truthfulness of recruiters, and the enlistment papers that were thrown at me 2 weeks after i got in that had to be returned *immediately*.

thanks for keeping me from making a huge mistake. :)

To all who havn't joined, well done.

It's not wrong to serve, in fact, I think everyone should consider it. Serve smartly.