You guy's gotta read this stuff...especially the senior doc's!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gochi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now I have a VERY good reason to bash LASIK and therefore ophthalmologists.

http://www.lasikfraud.com/

Members don't see this ad.

This is a brilliant marketing idea! I wish I had thought of it. I saw some great certificates for my inkjet at Staples I could use.

Now I have a VERY good reason to bash LASIK and therefore ophthalmologists.

http://www.lasikfraud.com/

That is a very old website run by a disgruntled patient who no matter would have been done for him would not have been satisified. He really should have never had the surgery in the first place, and yet for whatever reason continued to go back for more and more and more surgery despite the poor outcomes. Fact is, millions of people have had successful and safe LASIK surgery and are thrilled with the results while only a small fraction of those have had significant and/or longlasting complications. In fact, the complication rate for LASIK is much lower than just about every other elective surgery rate out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is a very old website run by a disgruntled patient who no matter would have been done for him would not have been satisified. He really should have never had the surgery in the first place, and yet for whatever reason continued to go back for more and more and more surgery despite the poor outcomes. Fact is, millions of people have had successful and safe LASIK surgery and are thrilled with the results while only a small fraction of those have had significant and/or longlasting complications. In fact, the complication rate for LASIK is much lower than just about every other elective surgery rate out there.

I disagree with you're post completley...the first part anyway.

a) He has every right in the world to be disgruntled. Who would'nt be if he/she invested huge amounts of dollars in a surgery which would enhance his/her vision, but instead gave him/her irritating problems which were not apparent prior to the surgery ?

b) Why should'nt he have had any surgery ? I thought people get surgery done so they dont have to use contacts/eye glasses ? Well, that's what a percieved from those commercials.

c) The only reason why he went back so many times is because he was having problems and the doctor's told him they would repair the damage which was done to his eyes. The shocking thing is they never did repair the damage, but instead did several small operations to temporarly "fix" the problem. That's what I can recall since last reading the story.

i second this, also i've personally worked with doctors from TLC and they are very professional and knowledgeable individuals that i learned a lot from.