You got supplements from where?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjjjjeeeeefffff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to know who got supplements already and from which schools???

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
im just curious did you get that stuff after your app was sent...so in other words you guys were all the first batch? and if thats the case, i believe it was sent this past monday, when did you guys hear anything from them?

Last edited:
@ imayemeni89- hey you received a supplemental app from pitt? I got an email from them a few days ago stating that they received my app but nothing else. Also, I haven't seen anywhere else stating that PITT requires a supplemental app. Could you give me some info on this?

Would someone be able to post the questions for Boston, Pitt, and Midwestern IL please? Wouldn't hurt to get a head start on the questions!

Would someone be able to post the questions for Boston, !

Why is Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine a good choice for you?
In a short statement, please describe what interests and appeals to you about Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.

If you have a connection with Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, please provide the following information in a brief statement.
  • Type of connection or experience (health professions career fair, past research or volunteer experience, family members who are alumni of Boston University)
  • Name and Boston University affiliation of associated person (e.g., Terry Smith, DMD 1982; Eve Lee, PERIO'07; Professor B. Black)
  • Relationship of associated person to you (e.g., parent; sibling; mentor; personal dentist, etc.)
Have you applied to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine in a prior admission cycle?

im just curious did you get that stuff after your app was sent...so in other words you guys were all the first batch? and if thats the case, i believe it was sent this past monday, when did you guys hear anything from them?

bump

If you have a connection with Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, please provide the following information in a brief statement.
  • Type of connection or experience (health professions career fair, past research or volunteer experience, family members who are alumni of Boston University)
  • Name and Boston University affiliation of associated person (e.g., Terry Smith, DMD 1982; Eve Lee, PERIO’07; Professor B. Black)
  • Relationship of associated person to you (e.g., parent; sibling; mentor; personal dentist, etc.)
Have you applied to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine in a prior admission cycle?[/QUOTE]

Would a close friend who is entering for the 2011 dental school year count?

Perhaps will count as a mentor.

• Name and Boston University affiliation of associated person (e.g., Terry Smith, DMD 1982; Eve Lee, PERIO’07; Professor B. Black)
Have you applied to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine in a prior admission cycle?

Would a close friend who is entering for the 2011 dental school year count?[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
So far I have emails from OHSU (which my junk mail deleted before I could read it :( so I'm not sure what it said), ATSU, Midwestern AZ, and Minnesota (even though they have their secondary on the website). Has anyone heard from anywhere else? Just curious so I can track my junk mail a little closer and I'm afraid I might have missed another one.

@baker2010 yea sorry man Pittsburgh only sent me an email stating to send in an application fee and a 2x2 passport picture. Im not sure if thats the supplemental application fee or what.
MWU-IL questions are:
-Other than formal coursework, how have your experiences (e.g., extra-curricular activities, volunteer experiences, work, etc.) prepared you for dental school?
-Why do you wish to attend MWU-CDMI specifically, and what makes you uniquely qualified to be accepted into our program?

anyone else hear from Nova, ECU, VCU, NYU, or Maryland ?

Can you get secondaries sent to you before your DAT scores are received? My app is complete and should be mailed out soon...but not taking DAT til end of August...will I be able to do any secondaries or do the schools wait for scores?

Got a secondary at Nova 2 weeks ago, and Louisville sent a link to pay the app fee....but nothing else so far :(

I got an email from NYU stating that they received my application and to submit the application processing fee if I had not done so. I was in the first batch.

Received email from UCSF today about getting a secondary in a few days. Apparently if you don't fill out the secondary without two weeks then you're automatically rejected. gosh darn it.

Received email from UCSF today about getting a secondary in a few days. Apparently if you don't fill out the secondary without two weeks then you're automatically rejected. gosh darn it.

I got the same one today. NYU also confirmed that they have received my completed app and fee, and are reviewing now.

I've received emails from these schools in this order:

NOVA, LECOM, UofP, NYU, UF

I e-submitted on June 30th, GPA verified July 15th.
Still waiting on one LOE.
I also applied to Penn, Western and Temple.

Anyone hear anything back from Temple or Indiana ??

This week I heard back from UF, UMNDJ, Tufts, Univ. of Michigan, and Univ. of Nebraska.
All the schools, but UF, told me to only them an application processing fee...so I guess they don't have an actual supplementary app. UF is the only one that required an actual supplementary.
I was in the first mailing

Does Michigan have secondary essays?

I got secondaries back from UOP, UCSF, Western (go on their website to fill out secondaries), ASDOH, MWU-CDMA, Boston U, NYU, UNLV, and UPENN.

isn't the NYU secondary during interview?

I also applied to UoP, Western, NYU and Penn.
So far, just an email from NYU and UoP saying they received my app.
I filled out Western's online secondary, but no email.

And nothing from Penn so far...

What did they send you?

What does Western's status say for your secondary? Mine keeps saying that secondary app and my DAT scores haven;t been recieved yet.....even though I got an email saying they were. Wth!

Last week I received a letter from UPenn reminding me to hurry up and complete the secondary.

so far I've gotten

BU, Loma Linda, ATSU, Midwestern-Il & Az, OSU,Southern Nevada( now called Roseman lol)

UF, UCSF, BU, Nova, Midwestern (Illinois), UNLV, UPenn,

For those who have heard from UCSF already...when did your AADSAS application become complete?

I had a 7/4 mailing date w/ complete app and received the UCSF supplemental last week

i just got the University of Michigan supplemental if anyone was curious

What does the supplemental involve? Is it an actual application or just an email saying to check status?
What was your mailing date?

i just got the University of Michigan supplemental if anyone was curious

What does the supplemental involve? Is it an actual application or just an email saying to check status?
What was your mailing date?

There aren't any essays, I just paid 65$ and made an account.

"Thank you for your interest in the University of Michigan School of Dentistry. The School of Dentistry has received your AADSAS application! As we continue to process your application, there are several things we would like you to know, including how to access your application status online and how to pay the $65 dollar application fee.
We will be updating your application status using Wolverine Access. The Wolverine Access website is the gateway to University of Michigan’s administrative information systems. It provides links to systems and websites used by members of the University community, including U-M students, prospective students, faculty, staff, and alumni. We will only be using the Wolverine Access website to update your application status. We will not update your application status using the AADSAS webpage.
Now that we have received your application, the Admissions Team is in the process of checking your application for completeness. The process of checking your application may take several weeks to complete. Thus, after receiving this email, we ask that you wait three weeks to check your application status online."

UF, UCSF, BU, Nova, Midwestern (Illinois), UNLV, UPenn,

What was the UF app like? I received an email saying they received my AADSAS application. Still waiting on one LOE, so maybe that's the cause for delay (...hopefully).

7/4 mailing date

UCSF - recieved secondary last week, submitted yesterday.

Western - got an e-mail that were saying they recieved all my application today.

Loma Linda - Secondary not sent, going to withdraw this school

Case - offered an interview in September

Midwestern - Secondary not sent, going to withdraw this school

University of Michigan - Yesterday got an e-mail to create an account

UPenn - got a packet of school info yesterday.

UB - application recieved 7/13

UoP - application recieved 7/18

Can you get secondaries sent to you before your DAT scores are received? My app is complete and should be mailed out soon...but not taking DAT til end of August...will I be able to do any secondaries or do the schools wait for scores?

I believe so. I took my DAT yesterday but received secondaries last week (I think Fri.).

When did your app get mailed out by AADSAS? I thought the deadlines for secondaries are really far out (i.e. January/March) and it's only advised to be submitted asap b/c of rolling admissions, no?

nope! Apparently UCSF has a 14-day countdown timer that starts ticking as soon as they send you the link to the supplemental apps. According to their website, if you fail to submit the supplemental within 14 days, your application will be oblitered :eek:

My application was mailed out by AADSAS on 7/22.
So far, I have received supplementals from:

Western
ASDOH
Midwestern AZ
Boston
UCSF

I received emails from:

NYU
Buffalo