You fellas have three weeks.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndyZX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
A friendly reminder. :thumbup:

And then it's only a eight week wait for your scores... Haha.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Three weeks and we get our lives back!!! I plan to catch up on a lost summer in about three days of nonstop fun. Then of course there's the week of straight sleeping to mske up for the late nighters this summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope you are right! Thanks for the words of encouragement. It seems like I've got most of the material down. I just need to review it all together and not make dumb mistakes!

studying will not help at this point...u shud start tackling passages now

RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Best of luck. 3 Weeks left till some of you become real men and women. And on the flip side, 3 weeks till many run home like little girls to cry to their mommies. Which one would you be? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pinkertinkle said:
That's a lie, you can improve it by 9 points.

Sure, but that's not the norm. Handing someone the rose colored glasses isn't any better for them than destroying their ego.

The truth is how much you improve in 3 weeks depends on you. Where you are, how hard you study, how appropriately you study, and how quick you learn. There's no way for us on a message board to tell you, you're the expert.

thanks for rubbing our faces in it...it's not like we can forget for one second even when we want to :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just thinking about posting a thread that was titled something like:

"Even though I'm done with the MCAT, why do I keep browsing the MCAT forum?"

I see there are a bunch of us who are done with the MCAT in this thread :D

dnelsen said:
I was just thinking about posting a thread that was titled something like:

"Even though I'm done with the MCAT, why do I keep browsing the MCAT forum?"

I see there are a bunch of us who are done with the MCAT in this thread :D

I think the same thing!

I guess I come back to offer sage advice to the young'ins that freeeeeeeak out about everything! :laugh:

r u kidding? im not even going to study anymore till the week before. those aamc/tpr practice test are jokes. :laugh: :cool:

Stop Reminding Us How Little Time We Have!!!!! We Know And We're Stressed Already!!!!!! :smuggrin: :scared: :eek: :scared: :eek:

IndyZX said:
A friendly reminder. :thumbup:

And then it's only a eight week wait for your scores... Haha.

Good luck!

lol, thats wasn't very nice! :D

That 8 week wait was hell! Notice my signature lol

-tx

MDtoBe777 said:
How much can your score go up in 3 weeks? :scared:

My score went up significantly (~6 points) from the second to last practice test to the actual MCAT. It went up two points from the last practice test the real thing...and I didn't really study very hard the week before the MCAT. I mainly worked on passages and went over old practice tests. Just relax, take the test w/ confidence, and you'll be fine.

Good luck everybody.

ut_stephen said:
take the test w/ confidence, and you'll be fine.

This is what the prep really does for you! It can mean +/- 3 points on the real thing.

Go get 'em guys.... :thumbup: :luck:

-tx

yeah i've come to realize that this test is all about confidence...but the problem with me is that one moment i'll feel like i can handle this but then if i hit a tough passage all that comes crashing down and self doubt creeps in..i know its ******ed but its one of those things where you want something so bad but you just aren't sure if you will get what you want...i needa find a way to block out what people say about eveyrthing..you hear all these conflicting things from different people about how difficult the test is compared to practice..good luck everyone...

Psycho Doctor said:
Stop Reminding Us How Little Time We Have!!!!! We Know And We're Stressed Already!!!!!! :smuggrin: :scared: :eek: :scared: :eek:

If You Can't Even Be Reminded of How Much Time You Have Without Flipping Out Then You Need To Seriously Learn Some Stress Management Before The Test (and Before Your Scores Come Out and Before Secondaries Come and Before Interview Invites and Before Interviews and While Waiting for Decision Letters and Before Medical School and Before Step 1...)

Just a friendly reminder. Oh, and it's not necessary to capitalize every word in a sentence.

stinkycheese said:
If You Can't Even Be Reminded of How Much Time You Have Without Flipping Out Then You Need To Seriously Learn Some Stress Management Before The Test (and Before Your Scores Come Out and Before Secondaries Come and Before Interview Invites and Before Interviews and While Waiting for Decision Letters and Before Medical School and Before Step 1...)

Just a friendly reminder. Oh, and it's not necessary to capitalize every word in a sentence.

Relax man, you are allowed to vent your frustrations, especially in an MCAT forum. After all, its just typing. :)

-tx

actually this was probably a good thread for me to click on this morning....need to study more!!!! or rather, work on practice problems, passages, etc. I think I'm feeling a little burned out, which isn't good when there are still 2 weeks to go!

txguy said:
Relax man, you are allowed to vent your frustrations, especially in an MCAT forum. After all, its just typing. :)

-tx

Whoa...yea...way to give us even more stress....and btw, stinkycheese is a girl :p

stinkycheese said:

hey there, chill...i'm joking around, i'm not really flipping out ;)

Scubadoc said:
i .......must.......get.......off........of.........sdn!!!!!!!!!!!

closing thing down and going to do some work, for crying out loud! why is this so addictive!?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hahahaha i know the feeling ...and then i get upset when it doesn't seem like anyone is posting

well i'm off when i have classes anyway

pleeeease don't go.... :(

what do you have to do? study for the MCAT, take a practice exam or something else?

i have class at 1:30 so it wasn't worth me doing anything constructive before then...that's my excuse, what's yours? :p

Dr Dean said:
RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Best of luck. 3 Weeks left till some of you become real men and women. And on the flip side, 3 weeks till many run home like little girls to cry to their mommies. Which one would you be? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

that wasn't very nice :smuggrin:

jon0013 said:
yeah i've come to realize that this test is all about confidence...but the problem with me is that one moment i'll feel like i can handle this but then if i hit a tough passage all that comes crashing down and self doubt creeps in..i know its ******ed but its one of those things where you want something so bad but you just aren't sure if you will get what you want...i needa find a way to block out what people say about eveyrthing..you hear all these conflicting things from different people about how difficult the test is compared to practice..good luck everyone...

it's not ******ed at all..i feel the exact same way. I've got my moments wher ei feel i can really do this...and then others that say "who am i kidding?" :scared: :confused: :eek: :oops: :(

Psycho Doctor said:
what do you have to do? study for the MCAT, take a practice exam or something else?

i have class at 1:30 so it wasn't worth me doing anything constructive before then...that's my excuse, what's yours? :p

i'm off work now, back at home, but will be leaving again in just a bit. i have my physical sciences answer key in front of me from the last full length i took on monday and should be going over it with a fine toothed comb to see why i missed what i missed and so on but yet, other things are distracting me (but quite obviously, i must want to be distracted!).

Psycho Doctor said:
it's not ******ed at all..i feel the exact same way. I've got my moments wher ei feel i can really do this...and then others that say "who am i kidding?" :scared: :confused: :eek: :oops: :(

i wonder how much of this really is about confidence? probably more than we know....