$$$<<< You decide, what are some useful stuff for premed >>>$$$

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school district is buying me an iPhone. :D They told me I can substitute the I-phone for anything I want and they will buy me the thing instead of iPhone (200$-300$).

What are some useful stuff should I have within the range of 200$-300$ ? :confused:

Let me hear your opinions !!!

What would you buy if you had $200-$300 ? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hmm, honestly, I would just take the iPhone. Only things you really need for college are books and school supplies. Or get the iPhone and give it to me.

Are they paying for the service as well? You better make sure of this. The phone itself really isn't too expensive (relatively speaking), but the monthly service fees can bankrupt you :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Blackberry
Treo

Are they paying for the service as well? You better make sure of this. The phone itself really isn't too expensive (relatively speaking), but the monthly service fees can bankrupt you :laugh:

True; that's why I'm not getting one. :(

This is true. Att makes u buy an unlimited data plan (which is what really make the iphone so awesome). But its expensive.

What kind of school district buys students iphones though, this is a pretty serious waste of tax payer money.

That being said I think the iphone is a great phone and I hate apple and ipods (itunes is horrible way of transferring music).

Yeah, and how does your school district have any money to waste like this? Most schools are begging and whining for money, as they always do really, but especially now due to the downturn.

Yeah, and how does your school district have any money to waste like this? Most schools are begging and whining for money, as they always do really, but especially now due to the downturn.

No. It's not with the public taxes. It is a private funding. Some teachers gather together and want to buy a present for me.

personally, i'd invest in one of these. this particular model as well.
Manhattan_Lil_daisy_girls_bike.jpg

No. It's not with the public taxes. It is a private funding. Some teachers gather together and want to buy a present for me.

pretty sweet for u. People really overestimate the stuff they will need for college. The only thing the iphone will help with is not paying attention in class.

i would probably just take the iphone...but i think it costs $100+ per month for service. how about the ipod classic, or ipod touch? one of those is pretty similar to the iphone, without monthly service of course. or just any ipod? or a fancy calculator? or you could ask them for a gift card and spend the money on a laptop or books.

i almost forgot, you could get one of those cool note-taking recording pens. :D

well
The iPhone is useful for many things like there are some programs that help you with medicine names on the iPhone

You could just get an ipod touch if you have a phone already, I find it INCREDIBLY useful for school. You can use all the same applications that the iphone can, and although it doesn't have the 3G, I can't think of very many times I'm out of WiFi signal range.

You could just get an ipod touch if you have a phone already, I find it INCREDIBLY useful for school. You can use all the same applications that the iphone can, and although it doesn't have the 3G, I can't think of very many times I'm out of WiFi signal range.

I agree with Vicviper, although I don't have an iPod touch yet.

It'll be well worth the money, plus it has much more memory than the iPhone so you can really put in more songs, games, and movies for entertainment purposes.

This thing does wonders for Apple's market share in gadgets but I bet it absolutely killed iPhone sales. AT&T is getting all the money from iPhones anyways, so who cares?

I agree with Vicviper, although I don't have an iPod touch yet.

It'll be well worth the money, plus it has much more memory than the iPhone so you can really put in more songs, games, and movies for entertainment purposes.

This thing does wonders for Apple's market share in gadgets but I bet it absolutely killed iPhone sales. AT&T is getting all the money from iPhones anyways, so who cares?

ATT doesnt make a killing off the phones but the service plan. ATT pays apple some amount to keep it exclusive aswell. The markup on i-anything is pretty huge. So the iphone is about $4-500, att sells it for $2-300 and eat the rest, but they more than make up for it with the plans.