You Can Do It!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Termwean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone with a military background. I have concrete proof that being in or having a military background is GOOD for your application. Today I got accepted to my #1 choice(LSU-New Orleans). I got a low MCAT score(24) but my experience made up for it I imagine.My GPA is a 3.75 overall.

STICK TO IT...you can do it too!

Members don't see this ad.

Termwean said:
Hey everyone with a military background. I have concrete proof that being in or having a military background is GOOD for your application. Today I got accepted to my #1 choice(LSU-New Orleans). I got a low MCAT score(24) but my experience made up for it I imagine.My GPA is a 3.75 overall.

STICK TO IT...you can do it too!

how long were you in for? did you have a CONUS/9-5 military experience or were you kicking down doors in fallujah?

In 10 yrs total( 7 navy as corpsman, w/ marines Desert Shield/STorm, and respiratory therapist including deployment w/ surg team for Bosnia in 95'-96') 3 yrs Louisiana Army National guard deployed to Kandahar,Afghanistan post 9/11.....got out in Apr to concentrate on applying( didn't want anyone to have a strings over my head that would mess up applying because I already missed a year os school by going to Afghaniland.)

My three interviewers were impressed w/ military/medical background and deployments.

Members don't see this ad :)
Croooz said:
Congratulations!

yea great job! you fought the hard fight and came out on top.