You better be white if you go to school in ireland???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

benzylique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading the previous forum...the one with all the RCSI bashing... anyways one person who went there mentioned something about "If you're not white you better be preparred" something like that.

Is racsiam that bad in ireland??
I'm asian by the way! I come from PEI canada where there isn't much cultural diversity... In this province of 150000 people.. you'll probably see... 20 asians... 20 african americans... and a few people other races! So my point being is that i live in a place that is predominately made up of caucasians but racsiam isn't bad here... so why is it much different in ireland?

have they not seen Superstar Jacky Chan on the big screen?? :D

Just wondering... !

Members don't see this ad.

I am a regular visitor on this forum. I have never been to Ireland. But the same old RCSI bashing just keep com'in. There are some ridiculous claims on RCSI. And when these people can't get enough attention, they resort to some sensitive topics to get onto people's nerves.

You can check my previous posts. I was a former student of an ivy league school here in the States. My white roommate used to say that my race deserves to die.

Does U.S. have problems with racism? Yes
Are white people here all racist? No

I bet the same can be applied to RCSI and Ireland

benzylique said:
I was reading the previous forum...the one with all the RCSI bashing... anyways one person who went there mentioned something about "If you're not white you better be preparred" something like that.

Is racsiam that bad in ireland??
I'm asian by the way! I come from PEI canada where there isn't much cultural diversity... In this province of 150000 people.. you'll probably see... 20 asians... 20 african americans... and a few people other races! So my point being is that i live in a place that is predominately made up of caucasians but racsiam isn't bad here... so why is it much different in ireland?

have they not seen Superstar Jacky Chan on the big screen?? :D

Just wondering... !

There's racism in Ireland, but I think we've got one of the best records in Europe when it comes to race relations. As far as I know there's never been a race riot in Ireland's recent history; the same can't be said for the UK or France. You might get the odd derogatory remark but that'll be about it. Asians get a lot less flak than some minorites from what I've heard; probably due to the fact that they're racially profiled as being hard working!

having studied a couple of years in rcsi, ill tell you that i did not experience any form of racism from the people of rcsi. i had 2 racist incidents in my experience in ireland. both came from people of extremely low socioeconomic origins. maybe some people are kinda pissed off when you attend the most expensive school in the city and live in the most posh apartment in the city while being merely a student. a foreign student at that. but being smart and avoiding areas that could get you in trouble, i never experienced any of these incidents ever again. looking back, i would never sacrifice my time in ireland for anything else, despite these incidents.