York College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nn03

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I got accepted to York College in NYC. I just want to get some insights about their OT program. I know they are on probation due to low NBCOT test scores. I was waitlisted at Thomas Jefferson and I tentatively got in to SUNY at Buffalo but I really want to go to school close at home (Buffalo is 8 hours away from home). I have to take Gross Anatomy and pass it and maintain a 3.0 GPA to advance to third year at Buffalo.

Do schools really matter when you look for a job later? Am i making a very bad decision if i choose York over Buffalo even though I am not really happy here anymore?

I also want to get perspective from those who graduated from York or UB

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you know when is the next visit for York College accreditation status? The thing I would think about is - could they lose their accreditation all together while you attend and not be eligible for NBCOT?

Do you know when is the next visit for York College accreditation status? The thing I would think about is - could they lose their accreditation all together while you attend and not be eligible for NBCOT?

hey thanks for the reply

The Next visit: 2015/2016
If I start the program next fall, I will be graduating in May 2015

i reallly dont know what to do :confused:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would call aota and ask exactly why they are on probation. If its only for the NBCOT passing rate it isn't as bad as if it is for curriculum or sthg.

I also got accepted to York! The only thing holding me back is the accreditation status and that next visit date.

Hoping someone on this forum can shed some insight.

I also got accepted to York! The only thing holding me back is the accreditation status and that next visit date.

Hoping someone on this forum can shed some insight.

They're on probation for low pass rates. I asked about this during my interview and was told several reasons for why some students in the past have been unable to take or pass the exam the first time and that the retake pass rate is much higher.

GPA: 3.6 overall, 3.8 in prerequisites and 60 hours under supervision of OT.

The interview was comprised of 6 or so questions. And the writing sample prompt was an old GRE question.

I was admitted on the condition that I pass the last two prereqs (Abnormal Psy and a Writing course) by the end of this summer.

Oh, and I can't forget my recommendations ---they were better than anything I could've asked for.

Risky! I don't think I would take it your career could be on the line and you paid all that tution, take SUNY and just manage the 8 hours it's better than the other. I think you will be happy you made that choice in the long run. I don't think many are going to be going to York with this risk on the table!

Last edited:
OTCareer I agree. It is risky because they are on probation and so is Kean. If I had the choice I would not choose a school on probation no matter how low the tuition.

yeah i have decided. im going to UB. the fact that york is on probation threw me off..

i also got into Quinnipiac...i didnt know they dont do interviews:confused:
i got a letter saying i got accepted. i didnt even do anything...pretty weird.
but i dont think i can go there...the tuition is around 53,000 a year:eek:

hi i had my interview at york college and i dont think my essay went to well. do u think ill still get in? do all students get interviews?

i spoke to one of their professors who did the interview, she told me that their probation should be lifted, they had improved percentages of people passing the exam, they are going to have another meeting to lift the probation in April or May