York College 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone apply to York for 2013? If so, did you hear back from them yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had an interview on the march 6th..

I had my interview on the 11th of March. Do you know on average how long it takes to get a response after your interview. I know they mentioned a couple of weeks via mail right?

Any stats on the class size?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed last year the department secretary called me about three weeks later.

One of my professors told me they were still finishing up the final round of interviews last week, so I'd say acceptances should be expected mid-late April.

During my application cycle they accepted the biggest class yet, at around 40 students. They're likely to take in another big class this time around too.

Hope you get in!

Thanks aPaperMoon,

That info. is very helpful!
The waiting period is very dreadful though!
Fingers crossed! :)

how long is their program?

It's a BS/MS program and from my understanding the program is 3.5 yrs. long, even after you have already received your BS.

I also heard that they were still interviewing people in the last week of march. So I guess it might be mid-late April like aPapermoon said. Anyone mind sharing their stats?

im still waiting for a answer for them as well. anyone got anything from the yet?

When I interviewed last year the department secretary called me about three weeks later.

One of my professors told me they were still finishing up the final round of interviews last week, so I'd say acceptances should be expected mid-late April.

During my application cycle they accepted the biggest class yet, at around 40 students. They're likely to take in another big class this time around too.

Hope you get in!

do you know how many students applied during your year? im very nervous that i wont get in. my gpa is a 3.7. but my science is lower. do they look at science gpa also?

Im not sure if they look at the science gpa, but I know they look at the gpa of your prereqs.

On a completely different note, can everyone please take a moment to sign this petition. It's a nation-wide petition to add physical therapists and occupational therapists to the federal loan forgiveness program. 76,000 signatures needed by April 12. Tell everyone you know :)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...sts-federal-loan-forgiveness-program/rzJSKTGV

Last edited:
Im not sure if they look at the science gpa, but I know they look at the gpa of your prereqs.

On a completely different note, can everyone please take a moment to sign this petition. It's a nation-wide petition to add physical therapists and occupational therapists to the federal loan forgiveness program. 76,000 signatures needed by April 12. Tell everyone you know :)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...sts-federal-loan-forgiveness-program/rzJSKTGV

did u hear anything back from them? i know they call people first and then send a letter. any call from them?

anyone hear from them yet? getting very impatient

I received an email today! I was conditionally accepted to the program!

I need to take a certain exam: CUNY Assesment Test Program!

Does anyone know about this exam? aPaperMoon any advice? Do you know anyone who has taken it?

congrats!!! i guess that means im not in?

did anyone one else get this email?

I'm sorry guys! False alarm! Huge misinterpretation in my part. This was for the university and not the OT department.

I called OT department and they mentioned that decisions should be mailed out next week.

I feel horrible! Good thing I had not told anyone yet.

I'm sorry once again.

Are they still on probation?
It's been like 5 years running or so...
When does ACOTE revisit YORK make a decision?

ACOTE will make 1 of 3 choices, to reinstate, continue probation, or stop accrediation.