yo yo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saffronrain

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, although I've posted replies to two threads on here (this morning, actually). I'm a sophomore pre-med and I go to a completely white school. It's pretty weird being the only brown girl there, since I transferred from Boston Univ. Anyhow, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself! :)

Later,

~S~

Members don't see this ad.

Yo yo back saff :laugh: . Welcome to the Indian forum of SDN. At least here you won't be the only brown person :D .

sunny123 said:
Yo yo back saff :laugh: . Welcome to the Indian forum of SDN. At least here you won't be the only brown person :D .

haha thanks sunny :laugh: I'll have to get used to all the "brownness" again..! i'm slowly getting white-washed, so maybe this'll prevent it. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
White washed huh? Hey as long as you eat samosas, mithai, and have seen at least one indian film in your life (and liked it), then you're ok by me. ;)

If not, then a few months here, and we'll make you a convert fo sho!

hmm first of all it's funny that you and i are the only ones posting on here. haha
yeah let's see.. i've had samosas, mitthai? is that a sweet or something? cuz i've had sweets, aand as for indian movies.. yeah i've seen a few, although i'm not a big fan of them. i think they all have the same theme, just different actors/actresses, settings, etc.. although i did think munnabhai mbbs and lagaan were awesome. oh.. and maybe its b/c i dont understand hindi... :)

yeah, mithai are Indian sweets like laddoos, rasogollas, gulab jamuns. I'm not a bollywood person myself either,but there are a few good ones that I like (lagaan being one of them, and Munna Bhai being one I can tolerate). As for Hindi, I got the same problem as you. I can give you the meaning of the dialogue, but thats as close as I can get.

So you transferred from BU to where? I went to Boston 2 years ago, and I tell you, I was the only brown person walking in the city. Didn't feel too out of place though, cause everyone was pretty nice to me.

dude, Boston is FULL of diversity! I went to Boston University freshman year and it was pretty odd at first.. getting to know Indians and such. There were tons and tons of brown kids.. however, I felt a little out of place. I guess I'm a regular ABCD but the "A" in this case, stands for Australian. haha
you were in Boston 2 years ago?? where in Boston?

15min walk away from Harvard (I remember we crossed some bridge, and passed the JFK building/library). I was staying with my cousin. He told me that all the brown people were in jacksonville (or some place like that where all the crime happens). Yeah, there were brown people on the campus, but just walking all over Boston, I never once saw any other desis.

you really think indians would walk around the rich parts of boston? i mean..jeez..we're always looking for bargains. hahaha.. yeah so i can understand why there weren't that many brown folks around that part. :D

Boston is an awesome place. Great for entrepreneurship.

Welcome to the forum Miss :D

Premedtomed said:
Boston is an awesome place. Great for entrepreneurship.

Welcome to the forum Miss :D

Boston is awesome, I am only sorry that circumstances were such that I had to transfer. :(
Anyhow, thanks! Nice to "meet" you too. :)

Hi,
which college are u going

saffronrain said:
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum, although I've posted replies to two threads on here (this morning, actually). I'm a sophomore pre-med and I go to a completely white school. It's pretty weird being the only brown girl there, since I transferred from Boston Univ. Anyhow, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself! :)

Later,

~S~

saffronrain said:
Hey guys,

Later,

~S~

yo yo???? what is that??, sorry I don't understand your slang words
but I will give you a traditional Indian welcome

NAMASTE
namaste.gif

WE
Welcome-08.gif
OUR
New-03.gif
MEMBER "SAFFRON"
cloud1.gif
(RAIN)

hahahahaha THANK YOU. You guys make me feel so ..welcome!! :D :laugh: Thanks for all the graphics nimesh (i'm assuming that's your name).. :) yay!
as for the college i go to now.. i transferred from BU to sacred heart university in CT. all white, so i stand out like whoaa..

~S~

Ahhh nice. So you still a New Englander.

Yeah, always will be. The weather sucks though. It's def. not "sunny". haa.. jk. It snowed last night. Um.. yeah and it's spring. wtf.
Where do you guys go to school?

I'm in Toronto, goiong to York University. And we got hit with snow yesterday evening, but then the SUN came out this morning!! ;)

saffronrain said:
Hey guys,

Later,

~S~
Hi Saffronrain....welcome........ :love:

OHMYGOD your bday is oct 29th too??? :D