yO, IF YOU HAD, ONE SHOT, ONE OPPORTUNITY, would you capture it? Or let it slip

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackal head

Registered Sex Offender
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
here's my case fellow pre-farmers

Is it even worth it? I'm an international and based on the current circumstances, here's where I stand.

Thinking of applying to Mercer, but they are rolling admissions, the soonest I could apply (finish and send everything) would be end of december, their deadline is Feb 1st.

My stats
GPA: ~3.8 (+/- .01)
PCAT: 80
VA 86
Bio 94
RC 75
QA 24 (biggest weak point, haven't taken a college math class yet either)
Chem 81

In all my pre-reqs so far I've gotten As, except a gen chem 1 lab which was a B+ (long story). Also I'm finishing off Orgo I lecture right now and my mark can be anything between a B+ to an A (A- would be a safe assumption).

All that's left is...
WINTER
- Orgo 2
- Calc

SUMMER
- English
- Gen Chem II

I guess for what it's worth, I should apply but what do you think my chances honestly are?

Members don't see this ad.

here's my case fellow pre-farmers

Is it even worth it? I'm an international and based on the current circumstances, here's where I stand.

Thinking of applying to Mercer, but they are rolling admissions, the soonest I could apply (finish and send everything) would be end of december, their deadline is Feb 1st.

My stats
GPA: ~3.8 (+/- .01)
PCAT: 80
VA 86
Bio 94
RC 75
QA 24 (biggest weak point, haven't taken a college math class yet either)
Chem 81

In all my pre-reqs so far I've gotten As, except a gen chem 1 lab which was a B+ (long story). Also I'm finishing off Orgo I lecture right now and my mark can be anything between a B+ to an A (A- would be a safe assumption).

All that's left is...
WINTER
- Orgo 2
- Calc

Summer
- English
- Gen Chem II

I guess for what it's worth, I should apply but what do you think my chances honestly are?

87.2323 percent. They have a calculator for this now. You just type in all your stats and it pumps out your chance of being accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should have applied to Wayne and Mercer and other schools a while ago. A 24 in math should not have prevented you from doing this. It is pretty late in the game right now, although you do have superb stats. But if I were you, why not? All you have to lose is a little money. Plus, if you don't get in this year, you will know the ins and outs when applying next year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgg04EekxIc&feature=related[/youtube]

I was off by a little bit but come on, you guys should've caught that

Last edited:
You should have applied to Wayne and Mercer and other schools a while ago. A 24 in math should not have prevented you from doing this.

true but Mercer pushed their deadline back, that's why I have a chance for it now

plus I haven't read anywhere that they have cut offs for each section like wayne does, all I know right now is Mercer just wants a 60 composite

(if I'm wrong about this I would love to know)

I wouldn't use your justification for your QA score if I were you. The vast majority of the material on the QA section was stuff that I covered in basic high school classes

Your school allows you to take orgo before gen chm? Strange.

If you want a bachelors can you start with 4000 level senior classes and work your way down to Eng101 your senior year?

Yea, you have a shot jackel head. quit stalling and you'll be good.

true but Mercer pushed their deadline back, that's why I have a chance for it now

plus I haven't read anywhere that they have cut offs for each section like wayne does, all I know right now is Mercer just wants a 60 composite

(if I'm wrong about this I would love to know)

There are no subsection cutoffs for Wayne. Here is the proof:

http://cphs.wayne.edu/chat_transcripts/pharmdjan09chat.pdf

Go to the 9th and 10th page and you will find the evidence there.

If you want a bachelors can you start with 4000 level senior classes and work your way down to Eng101 your senior year?

Please tell me thats you in your avatar picture lol.

I was allowed to take Organic after one semester of General, but only with the permission of the professor (and jumping through a ton of adminstrative hoops) but I can't see it being plausible skipping the entirety of general.

Please tell me thats you in your avatar picture lol.

Who are you UNICO? You got something against about how hot, tan, Guidos are portraying their subculture in the pharmacy profession?

Btw, I'm gonna play this song at work when I'm a pharmacist......

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRgXu65oqso[/YOUTUBE]

I was allowed to take Organic after one semester of General, but only with the permission of the professor (and jumping through a ton of adminstrative hoops) but I can't see it being plausible skipping the entirety of general.

Gen chm is pretty different from orgo so I suppose you would be okay but if people were able to enroll in orgo w/ no chm background it might mean trouble. That or the schools orgo class is too watered down. I'm just jealous I couldn't jump ahead.

Last edited:
I've seen the picture many times before. You must be famous atticus! How many Ed Hardy shirts do you have?? :thumbup:

You should be fine. You have really good stats. My stats are a tad bit lower and I feel pretty good about upcoming admissions

Last edited:
removed

Last edited:
You sounded like Eminem. Is this M? Omg, I can't believe you see the light and 1 2 b a RxPh. J/k.

Some do. For my school, the only prereq to Orgo 1 is Gen chem 1, so I took Org 1 and Gen chem 2 in the same semester. (wouldn't recommend that lol!)