Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I got in too.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychobruin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh my god. I am sooo excited. I got in to NYU too. I had lost all hope and infact just yesterday I posted a thread for masters programs (which thank god I wont be needing now heehee).

Man SDN helped me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Infact it was someone on the forum who suggested last month that I add NYU and that I'd probably still have the chance of getting in. and I really did get in. I'm reallllly greatful to all of you who posted the many wise comments and suggestions that helped me through the process. Thanks very much................

Alritey so time to go back and resume my celebrations....

the psychic bruin

Members don't see this ad.

psychobruin said:
Infact it was someone on the forum who suggested last month that I add NYU and that I'd probably still have the chance of getting in. and I really did get in.

wow, thats quick and congrats.

It was meant for you to be going to NYUCD.

psychobruin said:
Oh my god. I am sooo excited. I got in to NYU too. I had lost all hope and infact just yesterday I posted a thread for masters programs (which thank god I wont be needing now heehee).

Man SDN helped me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Infact it was someone on the forum who suggested last month that I add NYU and that I'd probably still have the chance of getting in. and I really did get in. I'm reallllly greatful to all of you who posted the many wise comments and suggestions that helped me through the process. Thanks very much................

the psychic bruin

Welcome to the club!!! Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
psycho or psychic or both?

psychobruin said:
actually a psycho chick ;-)
SWEET! So, like, you can totally read minds? what am I thinking right now? J/K I'm sorry to hear about your psychoness, but congrats on NYU!!! Time to get down with your psycho self and have a good time!!!

congrats! do share ur stats-mgk

psychobruin said:

the psychic bruin

psychobruin said:
actually a psycho chick ;-)

If you don't mind me asking, how did aadsas screw up your application. You seem to have the numbers that UCSF, UOP, etc would want.

I wanted to know the same thing so I know what to be careful of when applying.

same here..your stats are awesome! congrats

Awesome, man! Feels great, doesn't it!

nir1009 said:
I wanted to know the same thing so I know what to be careful of when applying.

Well the problems I had cant really be helped no matter how hard you try. AADSAS lost my letters of rec. I had to send them again.

After that they did not mail half my letters to the schools. When I asked them to resend them they asked me to wait for atleast a month before I could request them to resend the letters.

I had to go to my professors again and again to get a copy of their letters. I personally had to send those copies to the schools. Unfortunately, some of the schools did not accept anything directly from the students. So I had to wait PATIENTLY till aadsas sent them again.

This severly affected my application as everything was put on hold at several places. This is only one of the several problems I had with AADSAS. dont even get me started on how they messed up my transcripts I will only end up swearing.....

I wish all of you applying this coming cycle best of luck with your processes and hope you have enough patience to deal with it.

p.s the only thing I like about aadsas was that my gpa was way higher than I expected it to be something like a 3.85 something. But alas the high gpa didnt exactly help me get in many places because of the messed up process..........

-----------------------------------------------

GPA:3.75
SGPA:3.67
DAT: 22/24/19

Application: Got completely messed up at UCLA, USC, UOP, LLU, UNLV (I hate AADSAS)
Interviews: UNLV, NYU (03/24)
Accepted: NYU (03/28) finallyyyy
Rejections: UCLA only so far

NYUCD C/O 2010 yesssssssss!!!!

nice job....u'll like nyucd, i'm attending as well. did u go to ucla? thats where i'm coming from

Sowthpaw4 said:
nice job....u'll like nyucd, i'm attending as well. did u go to ucla? thats where i'm coming from

Yes, I did. Were you a member of the pdsop club???

I was looking at the movies on the NYU site and in one of them a mentorship program they have set up is mentioned. Is this a response to the fact that NYU is so large to make the student feel that they don't get lost in the large size of NYU?

Sowthpaw4 said:

Congrats to everyone getting their acceptances! I'm a bruin too, and most likely I'll be attending NYU. Ready to see UCLA kick some ass tonight?! =]

nope, wasnt a member of any predental society. i graduated 04. so i'm not sure if it was setup yet? when did u graduate? what did u study?

psychobruin said:
Yes, I did. Were you a member of the pdsop club???

and good luck to the bruins baby!!!!!! tonight's the night

Sowthpaw4 said:
nope, wasnt a member of any predental society. i graduated 04. so i'm not sure if it was setup yet? when did u graduate? what did u study?