Yet another what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

htownpremie

MS0
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
xx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your strategy is smart. By applying to all TX schools, you've given yourself a very high chance of being accepted to at least one school.

With this in mind, my advice is to apply to the best schools you can that are in line with your numbers. Your numbers are excellent and you have selected the best Medical Schools in the nation.

My take is that applying to the schools you listed (including all the TX schools) is absolutely worth your time and money. The OOS schools are so competitive, you may not get into any of them, but it's definitely worth applying. I think you'll get interview invites at most of them. Good luck! Try to get your apps out early.

thanks for the encouragement abcabc1. would you or anyone else for that matter have any recommendations for any other OOS schools (maybe some that are less competitive but where my numbers/EC's would be a good fit)? i've gone through the MSAR a few times as well as a princeton review list. i think my main problem is that i want to go to the best school that i can, but i don't want to be overconfident/underconfident in choosing my schools. i'm wary of applying to the big name schools only based on numbers, but i also don't want to undershoot. many thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
have you seen columbia? it's pretty ugly (IMHO, don't kill me)lol. Why not add BU or Tufts or NYU or even Mayo?

Haha. No I haven't seen it yet, but I have plans for a look around in the next couple of months.

This might just be a rumor, but I've heard that BU pretty actively screens out schools that have stats that are higher than their averages...

Mayo seems WAY too small (43! matriculants??)

Tufts and NYU, I will take a second look at those. Thanks!