Yet another SUNY related question--this time about the joint MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JeffChou

Your mom goes to college
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to share any insight about the OD/MBA program SUNY offers with Baruch College? What do most people choose to pursue the additional MBA for? Anyone currently doing it or know someone in the joint program? How crazy is the course load?

Thank's a bunch,
-Jeffrey Chou

(BTW, SUNY website redesign=much better!)

Members don't see this ad.

I was just thinking about the page redisgn, deff. better. Also, if you got accepred to SUNY's OD program, is there any way you can change to the OD/MBA?

Anyone able to share any insight about the OD/MBA program SUNY offers with Baruch College? What do most people choose to pursue the additional MBA for? Anyone currently doing it or know someone in the joint program? How crazy is the course load?

Thank's a bunch,
-Jeffrey Chou

(BTW, SUNY website redesign=much better!)
I don't know of anyone at SUNY doing it in the four years I've been there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I looked into the program and attended the Baursh campus open house but realistically, the three of us that went realized that we just don't have time to do the joint MBA program. The reason is because you seriously don't have free time for anything else, let alone another degree at another school which offers 2 classes per week at night. This is added to the 21-24cr per quarter at SUNY (that's about 5-7 classes, not including labs). So just think about it. However, about 10 of us first year are doing the joint OD/MS program offered by SUNY. This program is more realistic because you only have to take one extra class during the winter quarter of your first year and 4 more classes in the next two years. Also, you have to complete a research paper, which you'll have time to do during the summer.

Hope this helps.

I looked into the program and attended the Baursh campus open house but realistically, the three of us that went realized that we just don't have time to do the joint MBA program. The reason is because you seriously don't have free time for anything else, let alone another degree at another school which offers 2 classes per week at night. This is added to the 21-24cr per quarter at SUNY (that's about 5-7 classes, not including labs). So just think about it. However, about 10 of us first year are doing the joint OD/MS program offered by SUNY. This program is more realistic because you only have to take one extra class during the winter quarter of your first year and 4 more classes in the next two years. Also, you have to complete a research paper, which you'll have time to do during the summer.

Hope this helps.

Do you mean 2 classes per week at night for 4 years in additional to SUNY's curriculum?

jaw.gif

run dont walk from the mba program.

the MS program is the winner. you get a free copy card!

I went to the mba information session with Opt2010, and quickly realized how unfeasible it is for me, and I had my heart set on doing the mba program since undergrad. The mba is a lot different than the MS program, the MS program is for those who are interested in research. The MBA program is for people who are looking to go into hospital/business administration, TOTALLY different. If you don't care and want to get a masters for the sake of getting one, I highly discourage you from it, because it really doesn't help you at all unless you are planning to do something related when you graduate.

I think one person in the class of 2006 has done the MBA/OD program . It is not impossible, if and ONLY if, you are very strong in biology classes and have amazing memory skills, because that is what eats up all your study time.