Yet another options thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muscles00GT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a bit of a predicament here and not quite sure where to go. I'm a kinesiology (movement science) major at penn state. I just finished my 5th semester and not quite sure where my future is going to take me. Original plans were to go to medical school (DO as my preference), so I'm almost finished all the pre-med requirements. My "pre-med pre reqs" are listed below with grades. I have great extracurriculars. My overall GPA sits at a 2.8. I'll most likely be picking up a minor in biology, but realistically what are my options for post undergrad? What kind of graduate programs, if any, would I be able to get into? Any advice is appreciated. Oh, and I'm also going to be taking my MCAT's sometime over the summer. Just to see how I do

Gen. Chem I........C
Gen. Chem I Lab...B
Gen. Chem II.......A
Gen. Chem II Lab..A

Ochem I............D (ouch. going to be retaking that this summer)
Ochem II...........? (Taking this upcoming semester
Ochem II Lab.....? (Again, taking it this upcoming semester)

Bio I..............C+
Bio I Lab........B-
Bio II............B-
Bio II Lab.......A

Physics I (w/lab).......C
Physics II (w/ lab).......B

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, your options depend on your final Ugrad GPA and your MCAT. If you get straight As in all of your remaining classes, what do you project your final GPA to be?

Oh, and I'm also going to be taking my MCAT's sometime over the summer Just to see how I do

Bad, bad plan. If you want to see how you're going to do on the MCAT go to Exam Krackers and take a timed practice test. Don't take the real thing until your score on those practice tests is at the score you actually want

Alright, your options depend on your final Ugrad GPA and your MCAT. If you get straight As in all of your remaining classes, what do you project your final GPA to be?

Bad, bad plan. If you want to see how you're going to do on the MCAT go to Exam Krackers and take a timed practice test. Don't take the real thing until your score on those practice tests is at the score you actually want

Sorry about the misunderstanding for the MCAT test. I actually have the exam krackers complete study package and Nova's Physics book. I plan on studying hardcore this summer for them, so I don't go into them cold. I'm definitely preparing for the MCAT as I would if my grades were decent enough for medical school.

As for my final GPA, next semester should be rather easy and there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to pull off at least a 3.5 this upcoming semester. In the end, I predict my FINAL overall GPA being in the 3.0 range. It sucks being 5 semesters in and trying to pick up my GPA, but if i sustain a good 3.5-3.7 GPA over my remaining semesters, my overall GPA should end up around 3.1