yet another non-trad pre-req Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I completed all but 2 science pre-reqs: Ochem lab and bio II.
I plan to take them in Fall 2008 and Spring 2009.

I also need one English class (long story) and possibly Psych. I wanted to wait till I heard from the schools before doing any non-sciences courses but now I am wondering if I should take one or two independent learning online classes just so things won't be rushed once I heard from the schools (which can be as late as Jan 2009).

Having said that, I want to know if I should take English Writing class or a psych class.
Any thought??

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I also need one English class (long story) and possibly Psych. I wanted to wait till I heard from the schools before doing any non-sciences courses but now I am wondering if I should take one or two independent learning online classes just so things won't be rushed once I heard from the schools (which can be as late as Jan 2009).

Having said that, I want to know if I should take English Writing class or a psych class.
Any thought??

It's difficult to advise or make recommendation as your undergrad major isn't mentioned. Hence, my advise is that you consult your pre-med adviser.

good luck.

Lots of med schools require 6 hrs of english so I would advise you take the english class without knowing anything else about your situation. Take a look at the MSAR for pre med reqs for each school.

Hi,

Any thought??

Lots of med schools require 6 hrs of english so I would advise you take the english class without knowing anything else about your situation. Take a look at the MSAR for pre med reqs for each school.

Pssssst. Take the one you'll get an A in. Joking aside, English sounds "safer" with respect to requirements, as mrmandrake has mentioned.