Yet another letters of recommendation question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knickerbocker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in good shape because I will be able to get at least one letter from a pharmacist. However, I think that I may be able to get a second letter from another pharmacist.

If I could, would this be overdoing it? Would I be better off having one (or two, for schools that want three letters) from a professor?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools specifically ask for 2 from prof & 1 from a pharmacists If the school doesn't specify this, you should go with who ever you feel can give the strongest letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response.

One school I am applying to is quite specific, but the rest seem a bit vague about it. The application forms aren't available yet, so maybe the actual applications will clear things up more.

When I was applying, I tried to get letters from a variety of people that knew me from different perspectives. I got one from a professor, one from my work supervisor, and one from the program director where I interned for a year. Each of them knew me in a different capacity, and I believe it helped to give the adcom a more rounded view of me as a person.

Thanks for the response.

One school I am applying to is quite specific, but the rest seem a bit vague about it. The application forms aren't available yet, so maybe the actual applications will clear things up more.

Yup....

For PharmCAS schools, you want to select the three LORs that fit with the most specific school you apply to this year. Sure, fulfilling those requirements may take strong letters away from schools that have less stringent requirements, but your arsenal of letters seems like they would work well for every school out there.