Yet another letter of recommendation thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coltuna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Recently submitted my application for verification but have a quick question. I know some schools have very strict letter requirements (must mention class codes and names of classes taught, semesters taught, etc). Let's say a school requires 2 letters of recommendation that must have the name of the classes taught. I know for a fact that 2 of my letter writers included this information, but I'm unsure if my other letter writers included this information. Does every letter need this information or will they just count the 2 that satisfy the requirement and only really care about the body content of the others?

Edit: Basically once the letter requirements are met for a school, are they going to be super technical about the other letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Per personal experience, once the requirements were met, most of my schools didn't seem to say anything regarding the extra letters....except PCOM. They might ask to get the other letters done again with the necessary information but if the letters that were approved fulfilled the letter requirement, you should be good.

Hello all,

Recently submitted my application for verification but have a quick question. I know some schools have very strict letter requirements (must mention class codes and names of classes taught, semesters taught, etc). Let's say a school requires 2 letters of recommendation that must have the name of the classes taught. I know for a fact that 2 of my letter writers included this information, but I'm unsure if my other letter writers included this information. Does every letter need this information or will they just count the 2 that satisfy the requirement and only really care about the body content of the others?

Edit: Basically once the letter requirements are met for a school, are they going to be super technical about the other letters?

You should be okay.. I'm applying first time here too so I can't speak from experience but I've read on here that they usually don't get too "technical"

I was soo paranoid none of my LOR people would follow the right format. But at the end of the day they've been doing this kind of thing for years, I'm sure they were cogent enough to include how they know you (class taught).