Yet another Contract non-renewal thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you not get women your own age? Or just have a mommy issue?
I just want to yours. I want another opportunity to remake you. You need improvement. A little remediation will do you well.

I wasn't joking. You or your momma is welcomed in Harlem. Anytime.
seriously dude....grow up...you come on here as failed resident, looking to see if you have a chance SOAPing into a PGY-2 spot and then proceed to do what...decide to get into a name calling war with a 4th yr waiting for the match to come out?

J Dub IS twiddling his thumbs until the 14th so he comes on here...why are you here? shouldn't you be working to see if there are any open positions off cycle that you could get into...you finished what? 2 months ago? its not like you have anything on him...while he may be a doc to be, you are a failed doc with little chance to practice unless you can get another spot...and your story has waffled a lot, 1st you were not offered a pgy 2 contract, then you CHOSE not to continue to a pgy2 spot...then you say you have completed an intern year BUT don't have an intern certificate...

and J Dub why would you see him in july? m/l you will be an intern somewhere and he will not be one...

seriously dude....grow up...you come on here as failed resident, looking to see if you have a chance SOAPing into a PGY-2 spot and then proceed to do what...decide to get into a name calling war with a 4th yr waiting for the match to come out?

J Dub IS twiddling his thumbs until the 14th so he comes on here...why are you here? shouldn't you be working to see if there are any open positions off cycle that you could get into...you finished what? 2 months ago? its not like you have anything on him...while he may be a doc to be, you are a failed doc with little chance to practice unless you can get another spot...and your story has waffled a lot, 1st you were not offered a pgy 2 contract, then you CHOSE not to continue to a pgy2 spot...then you say you have completed an intern year BUT don't have an intern certificate...

and J Dub why would you see him in july? m/l you will be an intern somewhere and he will not be one...
I didn't fail man. I'm good. I clarified everything with the PD--our separation was mutually agreed upon and I am in good standing--my program supports me entirely as I move forward. Not everywhere gives an intern certificate--I have documentation. You need to relax too buddy. I'll get something...I appreciate your concern though and the point you made. I'm done with all this and you're right. It has gone into absurdity.

Last edited:
I didn't fail man. I'm good. I clarified everything with the PD. Not everywhere gives an intern certificate--I have documentation. You need to relax too buddy. I'll get something...I appreciate your concern though and the point you made. I'm done with all this and you're right. It has gone into absurdity.
sorry but by what definition did you not fail? you are not progressing to a pgy2 spot in IM...unless this was a prelim IM spot and you were only guaranteed one year...otherwise hon, you failed to become a resident.

and if you think it is that easy to get a pgy 2 spot after non renewal...well you are in for a rude awakening.

I was trying to be nice and hope he was able to get something. I hate to see folks put in so much time and effort and not be able to handle it.
I can handle it man. No worries, I've faced worse. When you're in Harlem let me know.

sorry but by what definition did you not fail? you are not progressing to a pgy2 spot in IM...unless this was a prelim IM spot and you were only guaranteed one year, otherwise hon, you failed to become a resident.

and if you think it is that easy to get a pgy 2 spot after non renewal...well you are in for a rude awakening.
Darling, I'm good again. I can get an advanced position in another specialty sweetie, and if that doesn't work I start over as a PGY-1 in something entirely different--it's only a year baby. And if that doesn't work I have another profession to fall back on. I appreciate the insight dear. Now saddle up in your high horse...

Last edited:
Darling, I'm good again. Okay I get an advanced position in another specialty sweetie, and if that doesn't work I start over as a PGY-1 in something entirely different--it's only a year baby. And if that doesn't work I have another profession to fall back on. I appreciate the insight dear. Now saddle up in your high horse...
are you an FMG? English doesn't seem to be your native language...that will make things difficult as well.

getting an advanced position in the SOAP isn't that easy either...you may want to look at pathology or FM, though in the last few years FM has not had as many spots in the SOAP...and SOAP is a bit skewed toward the AMG.

Reactions: 1 user
are you an FMG? English doesn't seem to be your native language...that will make things difficult as well.

getting an advanced position in the SOAP isn't that easy either...you may want to look at pathology or FM, though in the last few years FM has not had as many spots in the SOAP...and SOAP is a bit skewed toward the AMG.

Sweetie, I'm an AMG. English is my native language. Ivy research and another career with graduate degree. Btw, got a full scholarship through med school--you can choose whether to believe that or not, but it's the truth. Passed Steps 1 to 3 all on first try. It'll work out. Forgive me not waxing and waning in epic prose on an internet bulletin board after getting flamed for over a day now.

There were few here who offered sincere and meaningful advice. Others just seemed intent on stomping on my neck. I'm giving it back now. Read the ebb and flow of the thread.

Last edited:
Sweetie, I'm an AMG. English is my native language. Ivy research and another career with graduate degree. Btw, got a full scholarship through med school--you can choose whether to believe that or not, but it's the truth. Passed Steps 1 to 3 all on first try. It'll work out. Forgive me not waxing and waning in epic prose on an internet bulletin board after getting flamed for over a day now.

There were few here who offered sincere and meaningful advice. Others just seemed intent on stomping on my neck. I'm giving it back now. Read the ebb and flow of the thread.
path...definitely look for a path spot...

Reactions: 1 user
path...definitely look for a path spot...
That's a great suggestion, honey bun! Path has excellent hours and pay, low burn out, plus no calls. The residents are very chill, level headed and down to earth. You're clearly not a path resident, so I appreciate you looking out for me. Thanks again sweetie pie!

Last edited:
That's a great suggestion, honey bun! Path has excellent hours and pay, low burn out, plus no calls. The residents are very chill, level headed and down to earth. You're clearly not a path resident, so I appreciate you looking out for me. Thanks again sweetie pie!

This is getting embarrassing. I hope this gets locked soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.