Yet again, thankful for Rads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KerleyB

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I was completing the anoscopy (and full on butt exam) on a rather large, unpleasant woman in the ER last night, I was comforted only by the thought that someday soon I will be the rather comfy confines of the reading room.

I have these moments of clarity from time to time, I'll offer good ones as they come.

Members don't see this ad.

You forget, however, the dreaded Barium enema. You have yet to even hear of the horrors of defecography!

Whisker Barrel Cortex said:
You forget, however, the dreaded Barium enema. You have yet to even hear of the horrors of defecography!

Ah yes, the fecogram, I have had the pleasure. I still have to say I would rather do GI rads than pelvics and anoscopy on a bed in the ER.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a similar moment on Monday. I was doing the H&P on an alcoholic with diarrhea in an outpatient medicine clinic. As I was going through my diarrhea questions and asked what his BM's looked like, he showed me his fingertips. Because the patient was pretty werid (and in some phase of alcohol intox or detox) and all I saw was dirt/junk around his fingernails, reluctantly, I asked why he was showing me his fingertips. Then he stammered something about cleaning himself....

I'll take a fecogram over that anyday! Rads here I come!!

KerleyB said:
As I was completing the anoscopy (and full on butt exam) on a rather large, unpleasant woman in the ER last night, I was comforted only by the thought that someday soon I will be the rather comfy confines of the reading room.

I have these moments of clarity from time to time, I'll offer good ones as they come.
I had a similar moment on Monday. I was doing the H&P on an alcoholic with diarrhea in an outpatient medicine clinic. As I was going through my diarrhea questions and asked what his BM's looked like, he showed me his fingertips. Because the patient was pretty werid (and in some phase of alcohol intox or detox) and all I saw was dirt/junk around his fingernails, reluctantly, I asked why he was showing me his fingertips. Then he stammered something about cleaning himself....

I'll take a fecogram over that anyday! Rads here I come!!

KerleyB said: