Yes !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCB

live and let live
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
No school on Friday, no Organic Lab :clap: . Thank you mother nature, I wish we could have Hurricane more often here. I can't wait for the spring semester; with snow, many more classes will be cancel. I just hate labs!! do pharmacy schools have a lot of lab classes? I know that first year students do, since they have to take classes like Human Anatomy and physiology etc.. depending on your first year curriculum. But what about second year students?? if yes, how intense are those labs?

Members don't see this ad.

My compounding prof. is from Wisconsin, and those guys have to pass a compounding portion to license like North Dakota and Maryland. Also, it is a fun lab to do (outside of sterile technique). We had ours all first year and a part of third is devoted to specialized compounding (radio, "super-sterile", chemo).

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds interesting. Our compounding lab is onsite at PCCA and supposedly it's a pretty good program. I guess I'll find out next semester.

Yeah, that's the one. They're also running our online Pharmaceutical Calculations course. I didn't even know they had a reputation outside of Houston.

Yes, a guy from PCCA came by during our compounding block last year to give a lecture about how to set up a compounding practice. Very interesting, though at times it felt like a sales pitch.

I have no labs at all my first year, which is fine by me. My physiology class lectures 5 times a week, so there really isn't time for a lab with all the other classes.

LVPharm,

We had that guy at our school a few weeks ago, and boy I felt the same way. In fact, I thought he was a little rude because his "jokes' kept on pertaining to women and compounding the correct amount of Estrogen to make sure that a women gets what she needs. "We don't want a woman on hotflashes, whoa look out. " Im a guy, but I still do not find that funny. My personal opinion though