Yes, there really are XXX people viewing the forum right now.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoughtFyr

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Q,

How about a temporary sticky with a link to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect. It seems that several blogs and forum sites have linked to the "things I've learned from my patients" thread. So yes, for a while there will be lots more guests viewing the forum. This will "die down" over time...

- H

Members don't see this ad.

group_theory said:
Who would have expected that the EM forum will have at least twice as many viewers as the pre-MD forum. Right now, it's above 380 viewers viewing this forum

Again, My bet is on EctopicFetus logging on 300 different computers at the same time just to outpost everyone and the path people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes.. my large computer cache is all set to this forum!!! Path is going DOWN!!!

anyone watch scrubs tonight??? funniest show EVER!!!! i haven't seen it in a year or so and i forgot how much i adore it!!! :laugh:

Im pissed I totally forgot it was on.. then I clicked on NBC about 5 mins before it was over.. :( SUCKS!!

I have had a big mandy moore crush for years. Then you throw in an air band competition and in my book you get an emmy.

Cozmosis said:
Zach's marrying her in real life, too. All the good ones go quick...
Word! That's better then Andy Roddick though. Or Fez from that 70's Show. If it can't be me at least it can be JD

I have spoken with the moderators here on SDN and we have done some measures to decrease the amount of link-i-fied traffic.

Q

EctopicFetus said:
Im pissed I totally forgot it was on.. then I clicked on NBC about 5 mins before it was over.. :( SUCKS!!

And thus continues my "I love TiVo" campaign!

Members don't see this ad :)
socuteMD said:
And thus continues my "I love TiVo" campaign!
Yeah after we (hopefully) move after the match!

Only problem with Tivo is you have to be able to afford cable. At the moment I get my scrubs the old fashioned way. Through the air!

Nope, I have real TiVo, not cable-provided TiVo. It works with an antenna! My parents gave me a "lifetime" (lifetime of the box, that is) subscription to the service, too, so I don't have to pay anything!

lucky.. You know the more I think about it, this is gonna be a must have next yr with residency and all. Ill have to miss at least a few things I want to watch and I hate using VHS..

I think the lifetime service is like $300. Monthly service is $13. So if you keep it the box for (does math in head so it's probably wrong) 23 months you break even. Any longer than that and you come out ahead.

I also think cable companies will give you the upgraded box for like $2-3 per month. of course this requires cable. IMO I would rather do the $2-3 per month.. this of course is coming from someone who doesnt have one.. maybe there is something I am missing.

I'm not sure how much it is. I wanted to be able to not have cable and just use an antenna. Also mine was a gift, so free was the perfect price.

Cant go wrong with free... BTW did you see Dook... SMOKE UNC! Redick is the man..

Apollyon (the mispelling is not an accident)..

EctopicFetus said:
Cant go wrong with free... BTW did you see Dook... SMOKE UNC! Redick is the man..

Apollyon (the mispelling is not an accident)..

You hear it all the time -- "Dooook!" I think there's a user here on SDN whose name is "DookBloo".

Tickets for that game at the Dean Dome were going for $3600/each. As it is, undergrads can get in SRO, and cardiology has been doing the team first aid for >30yrs. Each season, you can pay $5000 for about a 90% chance of getting season tickets (so, yes, 1/10 will pay the $5K and NOT get the tickets) - our PD and medical director split the cost each year. I physically don't even know where Cameron Indoor is beyond "over there" - ain't never been to a game. One of our attendings went back to be a sports med fellow, and he has a free pass to every game - right on the bench - and can attest to the fact that Coach K's favorite word (by percent of all words he uses) has four letters, with the first being "F".

I have a story I could tell, but, alas, HIPAA.

I have a free one too. XMAS this year but it's in the basement as I thought it needed cable. If what you say is true and I can hook it up to my antenna/tv then expect alot less post padding out of this kid!

Us future and current docs sure are popular!

EctopicFetus said:
Us future and current docs sure are popular!

Maybe we can use this as a forum for us aspiring "Doctor/Writer/TV wannabes". Any of us here...

we can start by submitting some short stories and see how it goes over in the internet world.

docB said:
What can you do to slow down the links other than block the site with a password? Just curious.

It looks like they changed the thread ID so that when people linked straight to the thread they got an error message but if you go to the forum and click on the link you still get there. Some of the refering sites have now changed their link to point to the forum now rather than the thread in order to get around this.

I haven't done an extensive survey but it does look to me like your "Things I learn..." thread is by far the most viewed thread on SDN

ERMudPhud said:
I haven't done an extensive survey but it does look to me like your "Things I learn..." thread is by far the most viewed thread on SDN
It's actually a really interesting phenomenon to watch. ~ half a million people have viewed that thread. I guess it's just the internet age. It's also interesting how some people have started to chime in with the "other side of the coin" stories about how they were screwed by ERs. They're not even really trolling. I guess they just don't get it. It does take away from the firehouse environment of the thread but I suspect that those posts will taper off.