Year off between internship and PGY2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmh84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently half way through my prelim year and I will very likely prematch into a PGY2 spot starting in July 2010 in a few days. Hence I have a year to kill. This topic has been addressed before but not recently. I am also giving my step 3 in a few weeks and I will apply for a license in Indiana and possibly Wisconsin as they only require 1 year of training to be eligible for a license.

I was wondering if you guys have any other ideas on what to do during the year off. Even if I were to get a license how am I supposed to look for work and moon lighting? I have a family to support so traveling and playing video games for a year is out of the question :p

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're eligible for a license in either the state where you're an intern, or the state where you'll be a PGY2 (assuming they're different), you could just work in urgent care. If not, find out if you can get a research fellowship at either institution to support yourself for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.