Year long UW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Screwed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I really f'd up Step 1 (79/193), as a result Step 2 just became exponentially more important.

I'm thinking of getting the year long UW, and use it through out clinicals, to learn from it, finish it, and go over it a couple of times b/f the test., but the down side is that it will obvioulsy loose it's diagnostic function.

What do you guys think about that?

Would UW or q-bank better serve this purpose?

P.S. I have not yet started MS3

Members don't see this ad.

I think it will serve you better if you use UW as a "learning tool" and not as diagnostic tool. if you can get thru UW several times and know the concepts in there (not just memorize the right answer to questions), you should be good.

Good Luck

So, I really f'd up Step 1 (79/193), as a result Step 2 just became exponentially more important.

I'm thinking of getting the year long UW, and use it through out clinicals, to learn from it, finish it, and go over it a couple of times b/f the test., but the down side is that it will obvioulsy loose it's diagnostic function.

Many of the students in my class used UW throughout third year and found it to be helpful. I would recommend it for everything but surgery. I found the surgery questions to be far more trauma focused than the shelf was. I actually put some work into locating it online and found the 2006 version downloadable for free. Don't remember where I got it, but it might be worth looking into.

I think your grades in clinicals will become exponentially more important than board examinations now, it is hard to bounce back from a 79 statistically speaking, which will not get you through many filters . . . what are you looking at IM, Peds, Psych? If you can honor most then your board score may be forgiven somewhat

do q bank for few months , then do u world for few months.
the most important factor is to repeat as many questions possible the month before the exam i.e do like 4 thousand qns in that month. throughout the year you should be learning big concepts and going through review books, questions come in later