Year III Rotation Housing..?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Careofme

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious as to which schools (if any) provide third year medical students with some form of housing at their core rotation sites?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I assume this is for ones not at the "home" hospital? UVA provides housing at away sites unless it's northern virginia or something, but you have to request those specifically.

At LECOM there are only a handful of the 70 or so hospitals that we can do rotations at that don't offer housing. Almost every hospital on the list offers some sort of dorm-style living arrangements.

Members don't see this ad :)
gwyn779, yes, you are correct.

At NSUCOM, for example, we do not have a 'home' hospital (unless you consider Broward General home). Therefore, we may have some rotations that are in Orlando (hours away) or Miami (hour with traffic) - most people prefering to just move to their rotation sites. Another factor, is that our third year rotations are all completed at the same hospital (ie. for an entire year). However, I am now finding that if we do need to relocate for the year we have to pick up the bill for rent, etc. - there are no housing "options" at our rotation hospital sites.

Thanks for respondin!

TJUH has short-term dorm-style housing for rotatores and interns.