Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simpleguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here b/c I've heard different things in previous years.

I was really impressed by interview day. Although Haffty left to NJ this year, the new PD Lynn Wilson (yeah, he's a guy - even races stock cars for fun) is nice and pretty well known (red journal editor). I heard that he ran interview day a lot differently than how it was being run before. Cocktails the night before with all the residents and a bunch of attendings, including the PD and chairman Peter Glazer (primarily lab guy). Among the most comfortable I've felt on any interview.

Also, seems like the residents have great research opportunities. Their chief gave a presentation that was pretty impressive and eveybody is doing something. Also have a few young attendings who do a lot of teaching. Get the feeling that everyone is happy. First name basis with attendings, Wilson seems like a huge resident advocate. Good workload.

Drags: 2 satellites about 40 or so minutes away (although I hear the resident gets a lot of autonomy out there) and New Haven.....

Definitely, one of the better programs out there and certainly tops on the east coast....

Members don't see this ad.