Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bob3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many residents from the Yale program are privately very bitter since the attrition rate has been high, the program has become hard on 2nd and 3rd year residents, program has suffered a poor match rate for fellowships, they have lost several residents from each level every year, and very recently, a well thought of third year resident was "dismissed" from the program.

Members don't see this ad.

:confused: I thought you were quite fond of Yale, what happened? Anyway, I interviewed at the PC program, and my impression was that the residents in that track were quite happy with both New Haven and Waterbury, and more time will be spent at YNHH for these residents in the future. However, a few residents did mention on my interview day that ancillary services at YNHH were less than great, and several Yale students have told me that the IM/PC residents seemed happier than the Traditional residents. Fellowship matches seemed more than OK to me for both programs! thoughts, anyone?

For the PC track, I heard the board passing rate is only around 77% for the past few years? I really wonder why.

Members don't see this ad :)
amimigut said:
For the PC track, I heard the board passing rate is only around 77% for the past few years? I really wonder why.
It is not really significant due to the small sample. Very few people took the boards during that time period.

When I interviews at Yale, I looked at where their residents go after residency and it was the most impressive of any program i've seen including most of the top programs on the East coast. Am I missing something because I was very impressed with their fellowship,s they all got one first of all and all went to major centers for their training including MGH, Mayo, etc......also, the residents seemed very laid back and friendly, I did not sense any bitterness there... correct me if im wrong folks...

I really liked Yale as well.

I think bob3 is fos. Prior to yesterday or so he has been blindly pro-yale. Maybe he got fired from there recently??

In any event, to bob3, unless everything you say is true, your recent statements are bordering on libel.

the citizen said:
I really liked Yale as well.

I think bob3 is fos. Prior to yesterday or so he has been blindly pro-yale. Maybe he got fired from there recently??

In any event, to bob3, unless everything you say is true, your recent statements are bordering on libel.
I like Yale, but have been told by a prominent IM person that the program is plummeting. Perhaps Bof is telling the truth. However, I still like Yale, as most programs have their dark stories.

Bof? I don't remeber saying anything about yale. :rolleyes:

Pili said:
I like Yale, but have been told by a prominent IM person that the program is plummeting. Perhaps Bof is telling the truth. However, I still like Yale, as most programs have their dark stories.

I am still "pro" yale, but these are alarming new facts coming out of the program. Take the warnings as you feel fit. It appears to be a harsh program. If anyone has doubt about these claims, directly question any Yale resident...

You've got to be kidding me... yale is probably one of the most friendly IM program out there...

bob3 said:
I am still "pro" yale, but these are alarming new facts coming out of the program. Take the warnings as you feel fit. It appears to be a harsh program. If anyone has doubt about these claims, directly question any Yale resident...