Yale vs. Vandy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMer4life

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really liked both of these programs while on the interview trail. Can anybody offer any advice or thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

You have no preference location-wise?

New Haven isn't fantastic (but not horrible either), but it's just an hour and a half (or less) from NYC, and about 2.5 from Boston.

Location or 3 vs 4 year really aren't huge priorities for me. I want a solid education at a place where I work with cool people, have good off-service experiences, and good critical care time.

Location or 3 vs 4 year really aren't huge priorities for me. I want a solid education at a place where I work with cool people, have good off-service experiences, and good critical care time.

Strange, because I suspect you've dismissed the two biggest factors in many applicants' decision, but to each their own.

I can't comment about either program, but I have spent a great amount of time in Nashville and most of my family is there. It's a great city - certainly the best in Tennessee - with reasonable cost of living. Hopefully the people attracted to it are cool as well.