Yale v UCSD - Radiology ROL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rrraadd

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I grew up in Southern California and attend Yale Med. Southern California and New Haven are quite different. A lot of people cite the weather as the main difference. While that's true, the biggest difference for me was the activities people did to pass the time. New Haven has restaurants, bars and Yale. Inevitably people go to bars on Friday night. I dislike bars and would rather drive down to the beach and study, write code, or just walk around with friends. It's difficult to do these things in NH because it's either a) Too cold, b) Unsafe or c) Not everyone has a car. In Southern California, your car is your second home. You'll be driving places. This is annoying to a lot of people, but is second-nature to me. You can drive to Disneyland, Sea World, Mexico, the mountains, the desert, the beach, shopping malls etc. At Yale few people drive because...there's nowhere to go. New York is one option, but that's 1.5 hours away and it's faster to take the train.

Last edited: