Yale Primary Care Intern year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

napoleondynamite

Keepin' it real yo
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the Yale Primary Care Intern year is? How is it different from Prelim medicine? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Primary care residents rotate at Waterbury Hospital during their intern year. I know they do CCU and MICU months at Yale, but not sure of the number of wards months at Yale their intern year.

Isn't the curriculum posted online? I'm an EM resident that has friends in both traditional and primary care programs. I could put you in contact with one of them if you want. PM me.

It is a mix of Yale-New Haven and Waterbury Hospital all three years.

Intern year: CCU-Yale, MICU-Waterbury, Floors-Waterbury/Yale, Geriatrics-VA, Ambulatory-Closer to Waterbury, Jeopardy/Vacation.

Primary Care faculty are superb and make the Waterbury months (I believe) better for teaching and things get done at Waterbury unlike Yale where you have to beg ancillary services and consults to actually do their job and see your patients. Both sites make for a great well-rounded experience.