Yale orientation and admissions quest.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UH-epi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Going to Yale for info session on Sept. 16th -can anyone tell me anything about what to expect etc....Any advice about the admissions process, average stats or whatever else comes to mind about Yale would be great....Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a little confused here- have you been accepted to their program? I ask b/c I will be attending there as well! Why would you have to speak with their admissions committee if you've already been accepted?

If you're reading this.....sorry for the confusion----I edited the 1st post so the last reply may not make sense --- ;)

So, anybody in the epi of microbial diseases program at Yale? How about somewhere else? I would love to know what you all think of particular epidemiology programs at particular schools. Thanks!

Hey!

That's actually the program I will be starting in the fall- epi of microbial diseases.

As far as my stats... I don't think they're anything too impressive.

GPA: 3.7
GRE: 700 math, 600 verbal, 6 analytical
University: Penn State, SHC

I worked in a couple of labs as well as doing original research in Iran about child malnutrition. Other than that, I don't think I did anything exceptionally fantastic as an undergrad. PM me if you need more info! Maybe I'll see you then on August 29th! :)