Yale online status check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GlcNac

Senioritis
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have complete applications at Yale, what does the last line on your online status check read?

My references, MCAT, fee, and certification form are all listed as received. But the last line says:
"Application completed and in review on: NO"

I am a bit confused as to why my application is not listed as completed when all of the required components have been received.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hmm...
for me it says "aug-19." for "app completed and in review on." maybe they just haven't processed everything into the system for you yet. i sent in my app like a month ago and my file wasn't complete until yesterday.

i also sent in my stuff nearly a month ago and it wasn't until literally today that the status stuff got updated. I was going to call them but i'm glad i checked! so i guess they are a little slower on teh get go with updating their status sheet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, they seem to be nice and slow - Yale has not downloaded my updated AMCAS for a month not, all the other schools got it 3 days after it was verified...

After all, there is no rolling admissions, so they can take as long as they need...

Yeah, mind said no for about a week even though it said the other info was in and now says Aug-19 as well.

Hi there,

My Yale application just went to "complete/under review" yesterday. Yay! :clap:

Has anyone who has been in review status heard any further word from Yale? Although their admissions are not rolling, their interviews are, correct?

Cheers,
Kirsteen

Hi all,
My Yale app was complete and in review on August 8th. I haven't heard anything since, but since Yale is quite a reach for me (and pretty much everyone....), I'm not surprised.

If anyone else has any info, let us know!!

I sent in my secondary and check a couple of weeks after my committee letter was mailed by my undergrad (sent Aug 19th). The status page says that everything has been received *but* my committee letter, which should have been the first thing to be in... what gives? Should I be concerned? And if so, what can I do about it (Yale seems pretty adamantly against receiving calls or e-mails)? Thanks.

Mine was sent over a month ago & I am in the same postition as Grumpy Bear. I sent them an email asking if I needed to resent my letters since it didn't look like they arrived, and they were like DO NOT send them again. So, I am just waiting it out. It looks like it takes more than a month for them to even complete the application. If they don't have it updated by the second month deadline I will contact them again. They are slow, at least compared to the other schools.

I finally broke down and sent a polite and friendly email asking about my status and about 2 weeks later I got a response saying: we are a slower system than other schools so please be patient.

I'm sure this strike isn't helping them either at this point, so I figured I'd leave them alone from now on.

The thing is, the status page says nothing has been received which is distressing since everything has been cashed, etc.

Patience, patience ....

Mine says Aug 19th aswell!

I tried calling them but they were somewhat "rude". Actually the school initially seemed really nice to me but after my phone conversation and the location it's gonna go down in my list.
For some reason i am getting a very weird vibe from them ...

Here's what i would like to do to the lady who spoke to me on the phone : +pissed+

bump

Is there anyone else out there who submitted everything in early November and is still waiting for the status page to be updated? I know that they have everything since I fedex'ed it myself....

:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Treg
bump

Is there anyone else out there who submitted everything in early November and is still waiting for the status page to be updated? I know that they have everything since I fedex'ed it myself....

:mad:

A lot of my stuff (letters, certification page, etc) was sent between 10/21-10/30 and none of it has shown up on the status page. Obviously my material must have reached their office weeks ago but I'm sure they're just very slow to update the website.

What's annoying is that not only do they update slowly, they refuse to accepts calls or e-mails about whether our stuff has been received. What is the point of a status page if it updates only after a month has passed? What if something really did get lost in the mail? By then it'd be too late to do anything about it.

my app/verification/check were sent in at the end of September...since then my August MCATs, AMCAS, and LOR's have been sent but NONE of it is reflected on that stupid status page.

that happened to me, everything was in, but i was not confirmed complete. i wrote an email and the next day, it was fixed.

Hmmm, maybe I will email them, despite the vehement warning on the status page. I will use the "I am in Canada and am worried about the mail" excuse.

What is the point of the status page if it takes weeks upon weeks to update? :confused:

I started this thread three months ago. My status page has still not been updated, but I've already been to my interview, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Quote from Yale bulk reply I got today:

"We ask that you be patient. My staff is inundated with hundreds of letters of
recommendation along with certification forms and fees that they are
processing. This part of the application process is manually done by my staff.

Please do not send any duplicate information at this time. Continue to check
the status of your application online. Status checks calls and email will not
be responded to at this time. Once my staff has processed every letter in our
office, we will contact all applicants whose applications are still incomplete
and let you know exactly what is missing from your application. Again, in the
meantime, we thank you for your patience."

+pissed+

I checked my status page this morning, and everything is updated. I sent all of my letters and my fee in together (from abroad), and they were marked as received 13 November. The ""file complete and in review" says "no". Hopefully it will be cleared this week...

I hope that helps those of you still waiting. Good luck!

Treg

:clap:

I had all my stuff sent to them late October (which should have been received by mid November) and my status page still says squat. What's annoying is, it seems like Yale does this every year--where they have a status page that is hardly ever updated. They also make it a point on their website and when you call them not to e-mail/call asking whether your stuff was received. My point is, they obviously get a somewhat similar number of applicants to their school every year. If you got "inudated" back in '96, you hire some more people for the next year. Other schools are somehow able to deal with the "deluge" of application material they receive and still update their status pages. Why can't they?

Alex

Originally posted by Alexander99
I had all my stuff sent to them late October (which should have been received by mid November) and my status page still says squat. What's annoying is, it seems like Yale does this every year--where they have a status page that is hardly ever updated. They also make it a point on their website and when you call them not to e-mail/call asking whether your stuff was received. My point is, they obviously get a somewhat similar number of applicants to their school every year. If you got "inudated" back in '96, you hire some more people for the next year. Other schools are somehow able to deal with the "deluge" of application material they receive and still update their status pages. Why can't they?

Alex

It's very hard to recruit people who are willing to work in New Haven. Then, when you finally have someone, they go ahead and get shot. :(

Hire people off the streets! Whatever it takes. I want a status update page that updates. I hope their admissions process is not a reflection of their school. I haven't been impressed one bit so far.

No. And actually, Richard Silverman is the nicest guy in the whole med school application process. They just are a bit sluggish. It'd be better if they just got rid of the status page...it's a bit of a cruel joke.

That's good to hear. How would med schools like it if they had to find out which of their acceptees are matriculating at their school via the web. Each applicant has to create a "status page" website that will list their final decision of where they'll be going. Of course, many of the applicants would never update their websites and when the schools try to call or e-mail them, they get a message saying not to call or e-mail because they're very busy. The schools then have to wonder whether they'll have too few students matriculating at their school, adding to their frustration. I think I just came up with a revolutionary idea for changing the application process. :D

"Application completed and in review on: 08-DEC-03"

Woohoo!
:clap: :clap:

I guess that they are not quite as bad as we think...

Treg

Now lets pray for an interview! :) :) :)

My status page is all blank. Blech.
Although they have cashed my check. Hmm.

I'm not an August MCATer, but my decision to apply to Yale was pretty last second. I did everything pretty much the last week/day.... but if they cashed my check, that has to mean that they will look at my stuff right? Cuz my check didn't reach there till AFTER the deadline according to the date they stamped on it, and I know everything else (essay, LORs) got there before the 15th. (According to their webpage everything needs to be IN by the 15th...)

FYI - I think they covertly extended their secondary deadline.

From the website:

"The Supplemental Application deadline is August 31, 2003 for EDP applicants and December 02, 2003 for all other MD and MD/PhD applicants."

I decided to apply at the last minute, too, but was (pleasantly) surprised to find that they'd extended the date by another two weeks. I'm sure they'll update everyone's status page soon... they probably had to brace themselves for the deluge of procrastinators. :oops:

Now that I am complete and in review, is the status page useless? It will not tell you anything about what is going on from here, will it?

Treg

Originally posted by essbe
FYI - I think they covertly extended their secondary deadline.

From the website:

"The Supplemental Application deadline is August 31, 2003 for EDP applicants and December 02, 2003 for all other MD and MD/PhD applicants."

I decided to apply at the last minute, too, but was (pleasantly) surprised to find that they'd extended the date by another two weeks. I'm sure they'll update everyone's status page soon... they probably had to brace themselves for the deluge of procrastinators. :oops:

Oooh nice find essbe. LOL, too bad I rushed to write that Why Yale essay right at the Nov 15th submission date. ahhh I could have procrastinated more... ! ;)

Originally posted by Treg
"Application completed and in review on: 08-DEC-03"

Woohoo!
:clap: :clap:

I guess that they are not quite as bad as we think...

Treg

Now lets pray for an interview! :) :) :)

Application completed and in review on:
09-DEC-03

My check to them is dated 11/4; my bank says that Yale cashed it on 11/21....my app is on review for the first time today (12/9/03). This should give you guys a bit of a timeline for reference...of course, like its namesake crapshoot, med shool apps are a rather stochastic process, so don't be too miffed if I skipped you in line by a bit, and vice versa.

Originally posted by Lux Aeterna
Oooh nice find essbe. LOL, too bad I rushed to write that Why Yale essay right at the Nov 15th submission date. ahhh I could have procrastinated more... ! ;)

Me too! Oh well, better too early than too late. That doesn't happen to me too often. :)

I just checked, and I'm in review as of Dec. 8, too. Woo hoo!

Originally posted by Alexander99
Hire people off the streets! Whatever it takes. I want a status update page that updates. I hope their admissions process is not a reflection of their school. I haven't been impressed one bit so far.

It's not at all honey...they are just always super busy..

I love Yale:love:

Alright, even though nothing is marked up on my status page, I called and all my stuff is there, it just hasn't been "verified" as complete and been physically sent off to committee. And with the holidays coming up, it may not be sent off till early January.

The lady on the phone (who was EXTREMELY nice) told me IF I was to be offered an interview, I wouldn't hear about it till late January / February.

So just FYI, in case people who sent stuff at the deadline were wondering about when they would possibly hear.

Thanks, Lux!

"Time, why you punish me?"

Attachments

• adverse.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 124
Oops, I forgot the refs:

"Loose quote" was taken from Hootie & the Blowfish
Image was taken from despair.com

If you get a Yale interview, is that posted on the status page??

I dont' want to go and check it each week for no reason but I'm paranoid about losing mail and emails.

I didn't have any luck when I called the admission office. They basically won't tell me if the online status page will be updated or not if there's an interview offer, nor they are willing to tell me when I can expect to hear back a decision :(

I was told that the website only tells you whether you're complete... i've been complete since early september... damn... maybe I should've sent in a sexier pic... :mad:

Bumpin's fun!

I don't know, I just thought it might be a good idea to keep this up in case anyone wants to share something new.:)

What else is there to do - Chat about Organic or Cal-clueless finals?

yeahhh I'm complete and sent off to review as of 12-16-03. Finally! :) :clap: