Yale, 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Truelotus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am waiting to hear from Yale. If you have been accepted please post stats and info on funding.:)
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

GPA: 3.5
GRE: 166 (V) 168 (Q)
Major/minor: biology, economics
Experience: no full time work experience, but I had a couple of summer internships that were public health related

My app was submitted early December and I received a confirmation from Yale really early January, and then a second confirmation from Yale about a month later.

Still no news on funding though :(

I am also waiting. It seems CDE has sent out quite a few acceptances and health policy, quite a few rejections. I have not yet seen any acceptances to health policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today for Advanced Professional MPH Program in Applied Biostatistics & Epidemiology. Currently a 3rd year medical student. Had application in on December 1st to Sophas and got confirmation of full application a few weeks ago. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone decided on attending Yale?

I was accepted to CDE 1/31.

I am really torn and pretty much just waiting on financial aid at both Yale and BU (also applied to Columbia, but barring a huge scholarship I couldn't afford NYC cost of living). There are huge positives for both schools... Ug! It's gonna be a hard decision.

GPA: 3.5
GRE: 166 (V) 168 (Q)
Major/minor: biology, economics
Experience: no full time work experience, but I had a couple of summer internships that were public health related

My app was submitted early December and I received a confirmation from Yale really early January, and then a second confirmation from Yale about a month later.

Still no news on funding though :(

What concentration did you apply to?

Found out end of January for SBS. Was super excited!

Can any current/past Yale MPH students (preferably CDE) comment on how possible it would be to only have classes 3 or 4 days/week? I am trying to figure out how possible it would be to spend 3-4 days/wk in New Haven and 3-4 days in Boston. Not ideal obviously, just trying to think it through.

Has anyone heard from Yale HPM?

They sent out some decisions on 2/22... including wait-listing :( I'd imagine you should hear very soon, possibly this Monday - since that seems to be when they send out decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from Yale financial aid?

I submitted first week in February and I haven't heard anything from them since, even though I have sent 2 e-mails inquiring about when we should receive our financial aid packages.

Has anyone heard from Yale financial aid?

I submitted first week in February and I haven't heard anything from them since, even though I have sent 2 e-mails inquiring about when we should receive our financial aid packages.

They said they should be sending out financial awards in the next two weeks.

Awesome, thanks! When did they contact you?

I emailed them a few days ago asking for more information on the open house and financial aid, and they emailed me back on the 7th. However, they also said they would probably be emailing us on the 8th concerning the open house, and that never happened.

I emailed them a few days ago asking for more information on the open house and financial aid, and they emailed me back on the 7th. However, they also said they would probably be emailing us on the 8th concerning the open house, and that never happened.

Yeah, I am getting pretty frustrated. I need open house i information to book travel (it is only 3 weeks away now) and financial aid information to make a decision about where I will be attending. :mad: This definitely isn't starting off on the right foot with Yale when they won't respond to e-mails or answer my questions.

is anyone still waiting for an answer from them (like me)?

i decided to give them a call to see if they were already done sending out all acceptances, and the assistant director of admissions told me that they're definitely still reading/reviewing apps and sending out decisions. they said the part of the delay this year is that they changed the internal system for reviewing apps, and that took a while to get going. he sounded apologetic that things were kind of slow and said they're going to finish before the open house for admitted students.

he was also very nice over the phone and offered to look into my specific app to see where it was in the process, and told me to expect an answer by the end of next week. if i don't hear by thursday evening / friday, i was told to give him a call directly or send an email as he sometimes works from home.

so if you're still waiting for your answer, don't hesitate to call and ask for the status of your specific application!

Last edited:
Yes, still waiting to hear from HPM. Thanks for checking into things - I had in my head that we were supposed to have heard by March 15, so its good to know what is going on.

That's good to hear that they're still deciding- I love Yale and am holding all my other decisions for them like all of you. Is anyone else waiting on HPM?

Anyone hear from Yale today like they promised? I was told to expect a decision by today at the latest- which didn't happen. I give up!

I finally heard back about financial aid! It's more generous than I expected, especially after seeing Columbia's award letter.