xxx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Desmond Sunflower

Reaction score
xxx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What will limit you at all schools is having 150 hours as a front desk administrator as your only clinical experiences. You seem very accomplished, but have had few face-to-face interactions with patients.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I did a bad job describing triage volunteer and EMT hours now that I look back. I already have half or a little less of those hours so currently ~250 volunteering triage ~500 EMT and will begin working full time EMT next week

Members don't see this ad :)
That does make a big difference. Remove UMass, Brown, George Washington and WUSTL. Add:

Pitt
Jefferson
Hofstra
Western Michigan
VCU
SLU
Vermont
Chicago
Cincinnati

You should receive several interviews.

That does make a big difference. Remove UMass, Brown, George Washington and WUSTL. Add:

Pitt
Jefferson
Hofstra
Western Michigan
VCU
SLU
Vermont
Chicago
Cincinnati

You should receive several interviews.
Thanks, sorry about the confusion. Couple questions:

(1) general reason(s) for removing / adding those schools?
(2) I had trouble making the school list because I feel like location is a big factor for me.. what is the general consensus about the priority of this barring any extremes like wan to be close to home, no cold weather, etc.?

Thanks, sorry about the confusion. Couple questions:

(1) general reason(s) for removing / adding those schools?
(2) I had trouble making the school list because I feel like location is a big factor for me.. what is the general consensus about the priority of this barring any extremes like wan to be close to home, no cold weather, etc.?
UMass favors in-state with OOS spots mostly for applicants with a higher MCAT. Brown is similar as they take mostly their own students and other Ivy League premeds. WUSTL is also focused on a higher MCAT and George Washington seemed like a school to take off given you have a long list. The schools I added are all good mid tier targets for OOS students and/or should be interested in your vast ECs including work with the homeless.

Wake has many applicants so you could swap them for Keck if you wanted to attend school in LA. You have the flexibility to apply to schools where you want to live as you are competitive for the majority of them.

Reactions: 1 user
Picking geography is a sign over confidence. There are people with better stats than yours who came away with nothing. His list considerably improved your chance of getting more interviews. Listen!

Was planning on it, that’s why I reached out for help hahaha.