xtsukiyox - Please Welcome the New Asst Mod!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thumbnail.aspx

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi xtsukiyox,

first of all let me say welcome to mod life. I sincerely wish you make this forum the best it can be. While you bask in your internet status, unfortunately for me, I have a dilemma. You see, I was accepted to my first, second, and third choice of pharmacy school. While estatic, I have failed to reach an epic conclusion on which school I want to attend. While it is obvious that I should choose my first choice, I can't help but think that maybe choice 2 and 3 has cheaper tuition, better place to live in, easier to get into residency, and all around have easier curriculum. I should have made the effort to ask as much questions as I can during interviews, but I didn't. Now I know its not any of your business to tell me how to make my decision since we're all anonymous on this forum, I can't help but ask you these decisions and have you make them for me.

As if this is not enough, I have yet more dilemmas to present! First of all, I am too ambitious! Is it possible to get an MD degree while I"m in pharmacy school? I want an MD degree with pharmD so that I can make more money when I get out of school. And also, I want to have the prestigious of holding double D's, but I want to avoid patient interaction at all costs! Also, I heard the market for pharmacist is saturated, should I settle for less and become a clerk at my local grocery store? You see, I may be ambitious, but I'm afraid of competition. Are we all doomed?

OK OK, last thing! I promise! I am volunteering at my local drug store, but I found out that I don't like it! Customers yell at me! Sure, if I had some retail experience before volunteering I might have understood that it's not personal if they yell at me. It's pretty obvious that I don't like retail and should obviously reconsider my career as a pharmacist. But I want to be a pharmacist because of the money. So what are my chances?

Hi xtsukiyox,

first of all let me say welcome to mod life. I sincerely wish you make this forum the best it can be. While you bask in your internet status, unfortunately for me, I have a dilemma. You see, I was accepted to my first, second, and third choice of pharmacy school. While estatic, I have failed to reach an epic conclusion on which school I want to attend. While it is obvious that I should choose my first choice, I can't help but think that maybe choice 2 and 3 has cheaper tuition, better place to live in, easier to get into residency, and all around have easier curriculum. I should have made the effort to ask as much questions as I can during interviews, but I didn't. Now I know its not any of your business to tell me how to make my decision since we're all anonymous on this forum, I can't help but ask you these decisions and have you make them for me.

As if this is not enough, I have yet more dilemmas to present! First of all, I am too ambitious! Is it possible to get an MD degree while I"m in pharmacy school? I want an MD degree with pharmD so that I can make more money when I get out of school. And also, I want to have the prestigious of holding double D's, but I want to avoid patient interaction at all costs! Also, I heard the market for pharmacist is saturated, should I settle for less and become a clerk at my local grocery store? You see, I may be ambitious, but I'm afraid of competition. Are we all doomed?

OK OK, last thing! I promise! I am volunteering at my local drug store, but I found out that I don't like it! Customers yell at me! Sure, if I had some retail experience before volunteering I might have understood that it's not personal if they yell at me. It's pretty obvious that I don't like retail and should obviously reconsider my career as a pharmacist. But I want to be a pharmacist because of the money. So what are my chances?

You forgot to ask what the meaning of life is. Also, I would like to know - What is going on in area 51?

Congrats!!! I love reading your posts. They're always insightful, thorough, and clear. Well deserved. :clap:

Who?

I actually have no idea who.t.f. this is this time. Not that it matters...the 2006 rule exempts me from caring. Also, you didn't announce this on the real forum. Thus making it even more illegitimate because I can't haze them properly in traditional style.

Who?

I actually have no idea who.t.f. this is this time. Not that it matters...the 2006 rule exempts me from caring. Also, you didn't announce this on the real forum. Thus making it even more illegitimate because I can't haze them properly in traditional style.

This is one of your weaker diatribes. *boring*

Congrats! I agree you are always helpful and encouraging.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi xtsukiyox,

Hi ImmunoPharmD,

While I have only participated in a few threads with you, I feel we have a connection that allows me to give you life-altering advice in a casual, off-handed manner. In fact, I know everything about pharmacy, medical, and nursing school and can give you an educated opinion, since you asked. Even though your life's goal has been to be a pharmacist, I think suggesting an alternate career such as janitorial service (which, by the way, will never be out of demand) is a productive contribution to the discussion of your choice of pharmacy schools.

Although you may have ignored my previous suggestions of becoming a janitor as inflammatory or off-topic, I still strongly feel it is the best option for you. In this career, you will rarely deal with yelling customers - they will only be yelling your praises as you free Johnny's head from the overflowing toilet for the third time this week. Your services as a custodial professional will be in demand all over the country, so you can live where you want without fear of differing licensing requirements. Plus, who needs money? It's clear from your indecisiveness about pharmacy school you will make a terrible pharmacist/nurse/doctor/race car driver/grocery clerk anyway.

I do have to compliment your ambition in one respect. Your choice to pursue a dual PharmD / MD program is a very admirable goal. While this path can tax your stamina and truly isn't for everyone, I believe everybody - patients and fellow colleagues alike - will take notice when you hold double Ds.

Hi ImmunoPharmD,

While I have only participated in a few threads with you, I feel we have a connection that allows me to give you life-altering advice in a casual, off-handed manner. In fact, I know everything about pharmacy, medical, and nursing school and can give you an educated opinion, since you asked. Even though your life's goal has been to be a pharmacist, I think suggesting an alternate career such as janitorial service (which, by the way, will never be out of demand) is a productive contribution to the discussion of your choice of pharmacy schools.

Although you may have ignored my previous suggestions of becoming a janitor as inflammatory or off-topic, I still strongly feel it is the best option for you. In this career, you will rarely deal with yelling customers - they will only be yelling your praises as you free Johnny's head from the overflowing toilet for the third time this week. Your services as a custodial professional will be in demand all over the country, so you can live where you want without fear of differing licensing requirements. Plus, who needs money? It's clear from your indecisiveness about pharmacy school you will make a terrible pharmacist/nurse/doctor/race car driver/grocery clerk anyway.

I do have to compliment your ambition in one respect. Your choice to pursue a dual PharmD / MD program is a very admirable goal. While this path can tax your stamina and truly isn't for everyone, I believe everybody - patients and fellow colleagues alike - will take notice when you hold double Ds.

I feel that pursuing a JD (Janitorial Doctorate) along with a MD/PharmD will do wonders on my resume. Hopefully, once I upgrade from a pre-JD to a JD student, I will be able to display my smugness to the pre-pharm/pre-med/pre-jd forums by giving advice to newbies.

Hopefully one day I will be inducted as an assistant to the assistant moderator in this forum, and add it as my one main source of social accomplishment. Thank you again for your advice.

Congratulations!!! Always appreciate your posts. You often seem to be the "voice of reason". :D

I still have no idea who this is. Nor how to pronounce this screenname. What, did you pass out drunk on the keyboard and used the resultant letter salad as your internet username?

Another sap in a long line of saps. Usually I have something to work with. Outsourcing to the African dude. SDN making the ultimate affirmative action homosexual minority female hire. Got nothing on this one. Flown way under my radar. You could have at least hired the Russian chick. I got some old Sputnik and dead Chernobyl baby jokes left.

No idea who this dude...or gal...or robot for all I know...is.

Either way, you probably suck and are a horrible choice in one way or another. I wish you constant failure and embarrassment.

I still have no idea who this is. Nor how to pronounce this screenname. What, did you pass out drunk on the keyboard and used the resultant letter salad as your internet username?

Another sap in a long line of saps. Usually I have something to work with. Outsourcing to the African dude. SDN making the ultimate affirmative action homosexual minority female hire. Got nothing on this one. Flown way under my radar. You could have at least hired the Russian chick. I got some old Sputnik and dead Chernobyl baby jokes left.

Either way, you probably suck and are a horrible choice in one way or another. I wish you constant failure and embarrassment.

I wish your mom constant failure and embarrassment.

Congratulations! From the posts of yours that I have read you seem to be a very nice and helpful person and will make a great moderator.

Wow, it took you that long to come up with something so vapid. You need new material, bro. *yawn*

Don't get your panties in a bunch because the African, robot, and homosexual minority female had something on you :smuggrin:

They offered me modship back in like 2005. Unlike you *******es, I was wise enough to turn it down.

What's become clear to me is that I need to take the forum back over. I've recently gotten a life and have forsaken that which I helped build back in the early/mid 00s. But as soon as I get done with this house ****...its over. My influence shall reign again.

I'm sorry I forgot to mock you owlman. But to be honest, all of you kind of blend together into one big, bland ball of insignificant posters that joined 20 minutes ago that SDN likes to hand the keys over to. The African and the Mexican I remember for some reason. Maybe its foreigners I remember. Don't we have a cuban or something, too? Anyway, differentiate your way from the other dorks with edit buttons and maybe we'll see next time. Seriously, I need something to work with. You people are so bland its becoming impossible to make fun of you.

They offered me modship back in like 2005. Unlike you *******es, I was wise enough to turn it down.

What's become clear to me is that I need to take the forum back over. I've recently gotten a life and have forsaken that which I helped build back in the early/mid 00s. But as soon as I get done with this house ****...its over. My influence shall reign again.

I'm sorry I forgot to mock you owlman. But to be honest, all of you kind of blend together into one big, bland ball of insignificant posters that joined 20 minutes ago that SDN likes to hand the keys over to. The African and the Mexican I remember for some reason. Maybe its foreigners I remember. Don't we have a cuban or something, too? Anyway, differentiate your way from the other dorks with edit buttons and maybe we'll see next time. Seriously, I need something to work with. You people are so bland its becoming impossible to make fun of you.

For the record, I'm not a foreigner. My people have been on this side of the border since before your peeps got off the Mayflower.