Xmas gift for future PGY-1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sulfinator

Pathology
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You know you're really into pathology when you tell your family members that the following is among the things that you'd like to have for Christmas:

51AaXs5UKUL._SL500_AA246_PIkin2,BottomRight,2,34_AA280_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Or maybe you know you're just strange.

Members don't see this ad.

First thing to do: read & memorize Chapter One: Using the Microscope

Being able to optimize my Kohler illumination was an invaluable skill the whole way through residency :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet! I hope I get a Kindle for Christmas =)

Great book! But I thought I heard it was out of print? Any info? Tks!

Great book! But I thought I heard it was out of print? Any info? Tks!

The publication date listed is pretty recent (2008). Both Barnes&Noble and Amazon have it listed without any mention of it being out of print.

I love pathology, but if you're asking for pathology books for Christmas you seriously need to think about getting a hobby!

I have a first generation Kindle, it's a great ebook but I wouldn't want to be reading any sort of pathology text on it. They're B&W so far as I know, unless the newer models have changed, and while the screen is great at displaying text, the images always look a tad pixelated to me. I wouldn't do it.

DBH

I have a first generation Kindle, it's a great ebook but I wouldn't want to be reading any sort of pathology text on it. They're B&W so far as I know, unless the newer models have changed, and while the screen is great at displaying text, the images always look a tad pixelated to me. I wouldn't do it.

Yeah, well I didn't actually ask for the Kindle version, just the plain old paper one. I posted the "kindle" image on accident.

Just to bring in a little closure to this thread (not that anyone but myself needed it) . . .

I didn't get the textbook for Xmas.:( I guess people are just averse to giving textbooks as Xmas gifts. That's understandable, I suppose. Well, the day after Xmas I just went online and bought the darn thing for myself.:D

51EgZ5Tw%2BkL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Last edited:
Bought myself this book for xmas.

5718.aspx

Bought myself this book for xmas.

5718.aspx

Then I take it you are a hemepath fellow? Must be nice. If I hadn't taken 4 extra years to do this PhD thing, I'd be interviewing for a fellowship position right about now. Ah, well.

In other news, UPS lost the shipment (my book) and now I'm having to get it re-shipped. So much for 3-day shipping!

Then I take it you are a hemepath fellow? Must be nice. If I hadn't taken 4 extra years to do this PhD thing, I'd be interviewing for a fellowship position right about now. Ah, well.

In other news, UPS lost the shipment (my book) and now I'm having to get it re-shipped. So much for 3-day shipping!

Aye hemepath fellow. I made the mistake in buying the old one just a few months ago. Anyone want to buy a near brand new copy of Kjeldsberg (prior addition)?