Xdr Tb

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ERMudPhud

Back for a visit
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you see the guy with XDR TB is a personal injury lawyer. Yet another reason to fear and despise them. They always claim they aren't in it for the money but to protect the rights and health of the common man who would otherwise be hosed by the medical establishment. Yet this personal injury lawyer had so little concern for his fellow men that he flew home on a crowded commercial jet after he was told about his diagnosis. He can't claim ignorance for the consequences of his actions since his father-in-law is a TB expert and I'm sure explained things to him. Hopefully everyone exposed to this thoughtless individual will sue for their fear and inconvenience. Anyone infected will sue for more. He had no problem flying from Georgia to Colorado on a private jet so why couldn't he have flown home the same way?

Members don't see this ad.

Ironic indeed.

Personal injury lawyer? Selfish? What?!

If you've been following this closely, you'll also notice that he's been mouthing off about how a quarantine is unconstitutional and he's planning to sue the federal govt. These people are such *****s it amazes me. Apparently in law school they don't teach you when to shut the f*** up; he's definitely not making any friends with his current behavior.

As an aside, i think there is more to this story. I just don't see how it can be a coincidence that this guy comes down with a supremely rare form of TB and his father-in-law just so happens to study TB at the CDC. Occam would like to have a word with the media.

Members don't see this ad :)
As an aside, i think there is more to this story. I just don't see how it can be a coincidence that this guy comes down with a supremely rare form of TB and his father-in-law just so happens to study TB at the CDC. Occam would like to have a word with the media.

Coincidence indeed. The one small blip I read about this has the lawyer saying he has a recording of his physician saying he could travel.

Hmmmm.

Take care,
Jeff

The fact that he was recording his doctor means he has been waiting to sue. He was likely goaded into this, just like Scopes was told to teach evolution by the the ACLU and some businessmen.

It's also interesting he went all that way to get married, and according to Greek authorities his bride to be didn't have the required paper work so no legally binding ceremony could have taken place.

Ridiculous. I wanted to punch someone in the face when I heard that.

Who records their doctor?!? I'm envisioning him coercing his doctor into saying that or completely taking it out of context or something, just so that, if he got into trouble for endangering the whole of Europe, he would be able to blame it on someone else. Probably not, but whatev.

Ridiculous.

Ridiculous. I wanted to punch someone in the face when I heard that.

Who records their doctor?!? I'm envisioning him coercing his doctor into saying that or completely taking it out of context or something, just so that, if he got into trouble for endangering the whole of Europe, he would be able to blame it on someone else. Probably not, but whatev.

Ridiculous.

Doctor recording: "You should[edit] fly. You absolutely can[edit] fly."

The lawyer is a tool. Anyone exposed should be allowed to administer at least one, maybe two, swift judo chops to his lungs.
On the radio I heard his father in law spoke to him about it unofficially and told him not to travel. I think the lawyer should pay for medical treatments required by those exposed. Up to 9 months of waiting to see if you develop it is also mental anguish. I hope they stick it to him.

It's probably a case that could be written up. I didn't know that M. tubercolosis infected reptiles.

I think that the fact this guy is a PI shill explains the whole thing. Do any of us know if we can involuntarily hold a person because they are a public health risk? I don't. Remember we're talking about a public health, ID risk, not a psych issue. Can you imagine trying to tell a lawyer that he shouldn't fly? "Well doctor are you, under penalty of certain lawsuit, holding me against my will or somehow mandating that I can't do what any other citizen does?"

This goes the same for the customs guard who let the guy back into the US after he flew back to Canada to avoid the no-fly list.

On one of the news shows they mentioned something about the fact that the CDC had to get a directive signed by the president in order to quarantine this guy.

Has anyone else heard this or am I just smoking crack?

-Mike

Doctor recording:
The lawyer is a tool. Anyone exposed should be allowed to administer at least one, maybe two, swift judo chops to his lungs.

Sounds like a job for Chuck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now it looks like this guy has shifted the focus onto his father-in-law, whom the CDC is investigating for wrong doing now. This lawyer is selling his own family down the river now...

Now it looks like this guy has shifted the focus onto his father-in-law, whom the CDC is investigating for wrong doing now. This lawyer is selling his own family down the river now...

Please, there is nothing wrong with turning in the person who gave you an extremely dangerous form of TB

What, you're blaming it on him? Did the government invent HIV too?

Im not blaming him, but if the lawyer does believe it was his father-in-law, then he is perfectly right in "selling his family down the river."

The funniest thing is that he keeps arguing that had he known he shouldn't have been flying, he wouldn't have. He of course boarded multiple flights, including one trans-atlantic flight, after he was told that he actually had Xtb while returning to the US.

He could afford a Grecian wedding, but he couldn't afford to get himself home without exposing hundreds of people to TB.

Im not blaming him, but if the lawyer does believe it was his father-in-law, then he is perfectly right in "selling his family down the river."

His father-in-law gave him "fatherly advice" about how to manage the disease. He did not give him the disease. His fatherly advice was that it may not be active but he should not fly, and the lawyer decided not to listen to his advice. Now that the lawyer has been quarantined, he is blaming his father-in-law for minimizing the disease process and absolving himself of the moral responsibility of protecing others.

In summary, the lawyer is blaming the expert scientist father-in-law for his poor mistake, and the outcome of this is hurting his father-in-law. How is he not selling him up the river?

You guys are killing me; let me see if i have this straight.

A person whose close relative works for the CDC researching rare forms of TB gets an extremely rare form of TB, but somehow the exposure is a complete coincidence? :laugh:

I have some bridges I'd like to sell you guys. They're real nice and I've got a special price just for you.

Wasn't there something in his recent history regarding travel to Vietnam to help save the world? That might explain his infection.

Wasn't there something in his recent history regarding travel to Vietnam to help save the world? That might explain his infection.

We actually have some rare forms of TB right here in the southeast, though I admit that the coincidence with the father-in-law is a bit too much of a coincidence.

I saw this guys parents and parents-in-law interviewed on the tube, and basically they showcased to the world how ignorant, in denial, and illogical they are. The only one with some vestige of common sense in him was the guy who works for the CDC.