X vs. Y vs. Z

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midnight0il

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we not do this here? There must be some X^Y permutation of school options. The proliferation of new threads are burying the more relevant school-specific threads. Suggest moving them to the general Pre-Allo forum?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Or maybe create a School Selection or something sub forum?

Reactions: 3 users
The proliferation of new threads are burying the more relevant school-specific threads.

I'm concerned that it's having the opposite effect! Nobody sees the School X vs. School Y posts because they're buried in this low-traffic forum instead of placed in the general Pre-Allo forum. Consequently, there are relatively few responses to these questions, which is a bummer. In looking through past threads, I got the impression that the threads that start out in Pre-Allo and subsequently get moved to School-Specific Discussions by moderators tend to have far more comments.

(Note: I say the School-Specific Discussions Forum is "low-traffic" because most people use the Watched Threads page to keep up with the schools they're specifically interested in without all the clutter from other schools' threads. If you don't want to use the Watched Threads page, @midnight0il, you can sort the threads in the School-Specific Discussions Forum by "Last message" instead of "Start date" in order to bring the more active school-specific threads to the forefront.)

But what do you say, @sector9 and @Lee? Would you consider a policy change allowing school comparison threads in the Pre-Allo forum? Alternatively... Would you find it in your hearts to forgive a well-intentioned member who purposely starts the thread in the "wrong" forum for the purpose of soliciting feedback from a wider audience before having the thread moved to the "proper" forum? :D

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is even dumber. :oops:

Reactions: 1 users