x-ray lic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ubd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
man how to get this x-ray lic to work as a dental assistant b4 joining the dental school???

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am in the same situation you are in,I am currently looking for a Dental Assistant job while preparing for my Board exams.I decided to take the X-ray exam after I attended many interviews,they all told me I should take the exam.

In my state,NC,you contact the School of Dentistry,I'm pretty sure its the same with your state,contact them and ask for the Dental Radiology exam.:)

Hope everything works out fine with you,bye

hi!
yesterday i went to san jose community city college and they told me to go for the x-ray programme costs me 490$ + 100$ for films
it's a a 4 week course u just have to go only twice a week!
and mean time i m looking for any dammn job!
man, in dental school it may b expensive then a community college , just check it out! coz i checked out at private institute , that guys said 595$ + x- ray films and 295$ for the exams!
wish u luck for the NBd part 1

bye,
ubd

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ubd,

You're going to take courses for the exam???!!Why?
You are a foreign trained dentist are'nt you? Here they told me I can sit for the exam without taking courses,all I have to do is show them a copy of my Degree.The exam is 2 parts,a 50 multiple choice question exam and practical exam on a dummy,I have to do 18 periapical films on it.I'm hoping I'll pass this exam,cause I've done x-rays a hundred times back in my country.

Are u taking this course because you have to or you just want to be better prepared?

hi tamer ,

yup i m a dentist from india , man, i did try to find about the x-ray lic. exams only, i didn't get any information from uop /ucsf so i went for this city college course, i just have to do this course , no exams!
well, now i m stuck with it! no options!
wish u luck for the exams!
so when u appearing for it?

ubd