WYNTK course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cali4nia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard good thinks about it too.

Anyone taking class right now? What do you think about it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

the guy teaching the course came to our school to talk about wytnk... even though i don't know how helpful he can be just reading first aid to us, seeing how most people recommend him, i'm probably going to do the online course so I don't have to go down to houston

I'm interested to hear feedback anyone has about this course too. I'm considering doing it...it looks like he has good results and the price seems reasonable.

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to a girl in the year above me who took the course and she said that the course is really helpful not only for step but also for clerkships. however, she said that she didn't do as well on step (200ish) which she attributed to spending too much time after the course going over material.

the guy teaching the course came to our school to talk about wytnk... even though i don't know how helpful he can be just reading first aid to us

I spoke to a girl in the year above me who took the course and she said that the course is really helpful not only for step but also for clerkships.

Thanks for reply. If this guy just read FA then how the course is really helpful for clerkships?

Thanks for reply. If this guy just read FA then how the course is really helpful for clerkships?

she said that he stresses certain things and makes remembering things like antibiotics and infections etc. a lot easier

Is anybody still thinking about taking this course? Heard anything interesting? I'm from Chicago, and was thinking about doing it, but I would also like to find a roomate to make the whole thing a little easier on the wallet.....

isn't there an online course you can take starting may 19th or something? instead of flying down from chicago to texas...

Ya, there is an online course, but I'm worried that I won't get the same type of experience out of it. I know myself, and total immersion works better for me than if I'm at home, staring at my computer, and left to my own devices....Also, I'm sure the online version won't be as engaing or interactive, although it definately would be more affordable.....

So I took the course during the summer of 2008 in San Antonio. I thought his handouts were useful, and it forced me to jumpstart my studying and plow through first aid twice in 2 weeks. I wanted to hit the test hard and be done with it, and I was able to do so. Dr. Jenkins doesn't hit pathology that hard, but I had just taken the shelf exam so thankfully everything was fresh. I would recommend taking this course, even though after two weeks of Jenkins you are pretty tired of him. He doesn't teach per se, so if you have questions regarding the content you are on your own. He will set you up well to study hard for two weeks after the exam. I recommend signing up early and doing the weekly question sets. I also used USMLEworld, and I went through the question bank twice but I bought it about 8 months before I took my test. I took 5 weeks to study and scored WELL above average. Take the course, study hard, and then be done with it. There is no other way to do it and excuses only set you back.

Be aware that he DOES basically read FA to you. He often adds a couple comments to each page. If you memorize FA, FA can easily put you in the 220-230 area.

I thought the class was ok. It is relatively cheap compared to other review courses and much less intense (compared to what I've heard of other courses).

I would use the course as an oral review near the end of your studying so that you hear everything from FA again.......if you decide to do it at all.

I don't think I really learned anything new from the course, but it helped me to sit-back and hear the information for another 4 hours/day. Solidified things, and after studying for 6-7 hours/day before the course started at night, I wouldn't have done anything productive if I wasn't sitting in the course.